1st Trimester
Options

Stuffy Nose but Not Sick :|

Has anybody else had a stuffy or runny nose but not sick? I have Googled it and it says that some women experience it because of your body creating more mucus for the baby. But ever since about week 6, I've had a super stuffy nose and I can't live without nasal spray lol. So just wondering if anybody else has experienced this rather annoying symptom? Haha :) And what you've done for it? As far as I know, the nasal spray I've been using is safe for use while pregnant, but I still would love to make this go away lol

Re: Stuffy Nose but Not Sick :|

• Options
    Yes, I have noticed that my nose is very stuffy especially at night. I have just lived with it, tea seems to help in the am. Sorry that I don't have much advice.
  • Options
    I have been stuffy the last week with a cough. I'm only 3 weeks 5 days so I'm not associating mine with pregnancy but it is possible as you are further and into the weeks where symptoms are coming around.
    Married: 6.28.14
    TTC #1: 2.1.15
    BFP: 2.23.15 EDD: 11.6.15  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's called rhinitis of pregnancy. I had it thru both of my pregnancies - it was alleviated the day I gave birth. Try a sinus rinse like the one from NeilMed.
  • Options
    Like a previous poster said, nasal sprays can make rebound congestion much worse. Its the medicine called "oxymetazoline" that'll get ya - like what's found in Afrin. My husband had been on the stuff for years and had to go get a prescription for steroids to help the inflammation and flonase to help the congestion. Be careful!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 5w6d and I've had a stuffy nose for about two weeks. I have a Netty Pot that I use and it works wonders. It uses a saline rinse...just make sure if you use this product to follow the directions exactly.
  • Options
    I'm 5w and my nose has been stuffy and runny, but I just figured it was due to the weather.  Going in and out of the cold/heat, but I noticed it happening a lot more today while I was inside.  It never occurred to me that could pregnancy related, good to know!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers     

BabyFetus Ticker 

• Options
    I never thought that this would be a pregnancy symptom. I'm 6 weeks today and noticed this for about the last 5 days. I've tried elevating my head at night. Don't want to use anything that would harm baby sweet pea.
  • Options

I feel for you and am in the same boat.  I have bad anxiety, so when I pair that with not being able to breath, it's ugly.  So of course when this started, instead of taking it in stride...  I had a few meltdowns.  A girl I work with wears a lot of perfume, and it completely shuts down all oxygen to and from my nose everytime she stops by my cube. 

I've tried neti - it works, but doesn't last.  I have used saline spray.  I have these weird nose expander inserts that serve a similar purpose as a breath right strip (the strips irritate my skin) My doctor gave me a prescription for Rhinocort.  It's a category B.  It takes a bit of time to work, so I am not sure if it will or not.  Praying it will!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Yes, I have also had this problem. However, I do have allergies so I assume it comes down to them. I keep a humidifier in our room at night to keep moisture in the air. I've also been sneezing alot too! But again, I think it comes down to the allergies and weather changing.
  • Options
    Had this for several weeks straight unbelievably annoying!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"