Breastfeeding

Medela PISA question

I am getting a Medela pump this time via insurance, replacing my old Ameda. Ironically, this is the first time I'm not working FT and won't be pumping all that much. The version at Target has the pump permanently attached to a tote bag. They didn't carry the one style (metro) that contains the removable pump. I can get one on Amazon that is just the pump in a small square--no bag attached. It seems to me this would be MUCH more convenient at home than having to have a big tote bag sitting out every time. Am I missing anything here? Any reason to just stick with the "on the go tote" version?? 
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Medela PISA question

• edited February 2015
    I have both, the metro tote from last time (at that time you had to get your own pump) and the small square 'just motor' from insurance. If you are not working and just pumping at home the small boxy one is totally more convenient. I just keep it on the floor next to my couch where I pump (been doing that a lot lately even though. I sah). The bag is convenient for working moms I guess. You can stuff all the parts and bottles in there. The motor in my metro PISA is removable so I actually took it out - oh but nothing is wrong with it btw. Works fine, I just wanted to use the new one - and now if we go somewhere like vacay or weekend away I just put the new pump and all the parts in there. That said, there is no way I would go out and buy a. Medela branded bag for my small pump if I didn't have this thing. Before I discovered that. I could take the old pump out I was totally planning to carry everything in a grocery bag... :)
  • I have just the insurance one and I keep it in a keep it caddy from Thirty-One. There is enough room in the bag to keep the pump, pump supplies, bottles, bags, ac adaptor, car charger, a marker, and a receiving blanket (for a cover up and to wipe in case it gets messy). Just find a bag that works for you.
  • Loading the player...
  • I paid a pretty small fee to get the Medela Metro from Aeroflow Healthcare and I like the convenience of the pump being able to be taken in and out but I agree with the above...you can totally find a bag that works for you.  If you get your pump through a medical supply company the upgrades like the Medela Metro come with everything else you need though..it just makes more sense to buy it altogether with the bag..cheaper at least.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"