April 2015 Moms
Options

What is the one baby item you wouldn't want to live without?

amt725amt725 member
edited March 2015 in April 2015 Moms
So, opinions will vary on this... keep it friendly! But when you registered the first time for your baby you probably registered for everything! What's the one item you totally could've lived without? What's the one item you couldn't live without?

Mine would be a full bedding set, what a huge waste of money! You can't use half of the bedding due to suffocation! I wish I had listened to my sister! I couldn't live without my boppy!

Re: What is the one baby item you wouldn't want to live without?

• Options
    MommaBre2007MommaBre2007 member
    edited March 2015
    Could not live without: Boppy! And the "rocking chair" that hooked to my daughters swing.

Could Live without: all the cute newborn clothes I purchased. She lived in sleepers and onsies the first two months of her life.
  • Options
    kjuryflkjuryfl member
    edited March 2015
    Could have lived without the bedding set and Itz Been Timer. Couldn't live without the Halo sleepsacks with the wings.
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The one thing I couldn't live without for my first baby was the pacifiers. The one thing I couldn't live without for my second baby was thr baby carrier. He had to be with me/on me at all times. It was hard to get anything done. Now with this third baby, I'm not sure yet.
    Now the one thing I can live without and have lived without with all my babies is a changing table and diaper pail. First thing the changing table takes up too much room. The diaper pail is a pain to use and smells (just throw those stinky diapers in a grocery bag, tie them up, and throw it in the trash can outside).
  • Options
    Can't live without- a swing! I love holding my babies but sometimes I need a break, and the swing provides a gentle motion so I could sneak a nap in.

Can live without- wipe warmer. I live in Florida so it isn't the end of the world if my LO uses a room temp wipe vs a warm one.
  • Options

Can't live without the Boppy! I use if for nursing, laying the baby on it , putting it around the other kids to help hold the baby, everything!

onwax2 about the diaper pail. I had a diaper genie and got rid of it about a week after my DD was born. They are nasty!

• Options
    taramantertaramanter member
    edited March 2015
    Couldn't live without: baby swing, that saved me when I was so tired and needed a break or silence.
    Could live without: Diaper pail. It smelled so bad i ended up just using the regular garbage!
  • Options
    Do with out - bedding
    Must do: halo sleep sack w/ wings
    DS born 10/25/11 **  DD born 6/24/13 **  DS born 4/20/15
  • Options
    Do without - bottle warmer and wipe warmer.

Must do - Halo Sleep sacks. DD was in them until she could walk.
  • Options
    Woven wrap/ring sling. Hands down.
  • Options
    Bouncy seat! My son slept in it for at least 2 months
  • Options
    Swaddlers with Velcro to keep it closed. My son would only sleep if he was swaddled tight and regular swaddling blankets just came free and he woke up again
  • Options
    Love: boppy, nose frida, carrier/wrap.

Meh: any clothes that weren't onesies or footed pjs,. Dresses and shirts ride up, so DD never wore then until she could sit up.
  • Options
    Couldn't live without the stroller!!! My daughter is really big for her age... And although I wanted to wear her... It just wasn't practical for us... But I wanted to be active and walk a lot with her... I could've lived without bibs... Ive honestly never used them... If u give them a messy food either put it straight into their mouth or Fred them naked or they're gonna get it everywhere... The bib is not gonna save their outfit
  • Options

So many more than one of each...

Could live without, wipe warmer, bumbo, swing (for that baby)

Couldn't live without, bouncer, velcro swaddles, carrier (any kind, your arms will want to fall off after carrying baby for a long time)

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• Options
    I couldn't live without a swing it tends to keep My kids more content
  • Options
    Couldn't live without rock-n-play, even though we bought a crib- both girls had colic issues and needed to be inclined up to sleep well and I wasn't comfortable using wedges.
    Could have done without the swing and pack n play, both just took up space and weren't used.
  • Options
    Couldn't live without: boppy and K'tan baby carrier.
    Useless item: totally agree with baby bedding. I spent so much money on my first daughter's bedding and used almost nothing from it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Couldn't live without my podee kits for my first one. She drank so many bottles from those things, which freed up my hands for other things. With both of my babies, I also owe my peace of mind to VTech for their $11 light and music projector box from Walmart. It still gets turned on every night and she just turned three. Helped her sleep. The other must have was a rock n play. I have cribs, cosleepers, etc, but nothing helped them sleep so well as a rock n play, especially when they had sinus trouble.

Waste of money: umbrella stroller (that doesn't recline). Too uncomfortable, especially if they fell asleep while we were out.
  • Options
    Couldn't live without - swing & loveys
    Could live without - bouncer, boppy, sleep sacks

All kids are different and think about it - we lived without sooooo much of the things out these days!
  • Options
    Couldn't live without rock n play, thick cloth diaper burp cloths, wub a nub pacifier (so much easier to find in the dark in the middle of the night!), glider chair and nipple shield allowed me to breastfeed when I was truly ready to give up.

Could live without bottle warmer, countless receiving blankets, baby shoes and bumbo chair.

• Options
    couldn't live without: baby k'tan carrier
    could live without: wipes warmer
  • Options
    Couldn't live without: pacifiers, pack and play

Could live without: bumbo, never used it.
  • Options
    Bouncy chair! It was the only place she slept!!
  • Options
    Couldnt live without swing !!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"