April 2015 Moms
Options

NICU mommas, how are you?

To all my fellow nicu mommas: how are you doing? How is LO?

Re: NICU mommas, how are you?

• Options

Although my little guy has been making steady progress every day I am so nervous for something bad to happen. Some days are easier than others emotionally. One second I'm strong and happy the next I'm crying because I just want him home. I know he is receiving the best care possible and I am so grateful for that, but I pray every day for him to come home asap.

Many thoughts and prayers to you and the other NICU moms on here. I admire your strength so much.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a meltdown last night. Will didn't take his bottle all day, so he had to be gavaged. I hate to see him backtrack. And being able to tolerate his feeds is the main thing keeping him there, so it's very frustrating. Add to that, that my milk still hasn't come in, and I broke down. I definitely feel you, Mama.
  • Options
    Thinking of all of you mamas with babes in the NICU our first son spent 20 days in there..... Looking back now I'm thankful for our time there because I came home with such knowledge on how to care for our babe! I know it is so hard to see your lo's in there but soon you will be able to bring them home!!
  • Options
    Praying for you ladies :x
  • Options
  • Options
    Do you ladies have a rough estimate of when you can bring your sweet babies home?
  • Options
    We've been told it can be up until their original due date, which for us would be another 4 1/2 weeks. But they also say that they won't have a good estimate until he gets closer to his goals, and that sometimes it takes people by surprise and they're told the day before. So really, it's pretty up in the air.
  • Options
    Hello Mrsalvidrez I am here to witness the same thing your going thru.. I had my daughter at 29 weeks recently and it is the most scariest thing to go thru. My daughter is in NICU as of today. All I can think about is her coming home soon and praying she gonna be Ok.. Thankfully she doing great with no complications. Her goal is to rest and gain weight.. I pray every single day for her and I take it one day at a time and keep a positive mind frame.. All I can think about is her coming home soon.. @mrsalvidrez
  • Options
    Thank you all for sharing with us and we continue to pray for your little ones!
    Married DH 5/28/08
    DS Born 4/13/11
    DD Born 3/38/15

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @mnharkcom As @Blergbot mentioned, we were also told by our EDD which is another 5 weeks away. I think that's standard protocol since every minute/hour/day in the NICU is different and progress is really one small step at a time. The nurses tell me she'll be there until "she's ready," and I think that's a fair answer. We were also told that sometimes things will just "click on like a lightbulb" for a preemie so here's to hoping that this may be the week! All in all, in sure all NICU moms can agree with me when I say that the NICU life is no joke and we sure have tough, little fighters on our hands!
  • Options
    All of your stories make me thankful my 2nd LO only spent 3 days in the NICU after being born at 34 weeks. Those three days were excruitiating, especially since my milk didn't come in so the staff had to get her formula. A week later I did get milk and I mixed it with formula (so she could adjust to the flavor) until she was fully on breastmilk. She wouldn't nurse so i had to pump but I was thankful for at least that. Regardless, I look up to you mamas and wish you and your babies the best of luck! Hang in there :)
  • Options
    Praying for all of the NICU moms and their LO's! Stay stong!
  • Options
    Semi lurker here....delivered my mono/di baby girls last night at 32 weeks 2 days. They are thriving in the nicu. Baby B (Zoey) on a low cpap setting but doing fine. It's going to be a long road. Prepping for 8 nicu weeks, but they are in good hands....not the way we planned things, but sometimes you have to "go with the flow" when unexpected things happen! My thoughts are w all you other nicu mommas! We have some special kids :)
  • Options
    allymas said:

Semi lurker here....delivered my mono/di baby girls last night at 32 weeks 2 days. They are thriving in the nicu. Baby B (Zoey) on a low cpap setting but doing fine. It's going to be a long road. Prepping for 8 nicu weeks, but they are in good hands....not the way we planned things, but sometimes you have to "go with the flow" when unexpected things happen! My thoughts are w all you other nicu mommas! We have some special kids :)

I'm glad your girls are doing well. Many thoughts and prayers to you, your girls and the rest of our NICU moms and babies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"