December 2014 Moms
Options

measles outbreak

We live in California where it all started :( thank god in our county there has been no reports. Any one else worried? My baby wil be 3 months march 10th and I freak out every time we go out. Are you guys going out to public places??

Re: measles outbreak

• Options
    I really freak out about it! My baby is 2 months old today and it scares me but my doctor told me since there are no cases of measles in my county that we shouldn't hide out at home. I just try and keep him completely covered wherever we go. Of course we do keep going out at a minimum and we don't take him places that are too crowded. I wish this whole measles thing would end already [-O<
  • Options
    @KymBays that's exactly how i feel i dont like taking him out at all
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's what happens when jackass parents don't vaccinate. Pretty sad. I am glad I don't live in California or any of the other states infected! Hoping our state stays out of this mess.
  • Options
    We live in Northern California and there has been a measles exposure risk very close to where we live. In fact, I was on the street (thankfully NOT with LO) on Friday evening, when the most recent exposure happened. We're really only taking LO to the doctor (and we try to be the first appointment of the day) and on walks where he is covered or being worn by us. It really sucks to have to be this cautious but measles is serious for babies. But I'm worried we'll have to be *this* cautious until he can get his MMR in December! 
  • Options
    tslmom87tslmom87 member
    edited March 2015
    Thankfully being on a military base we haven't had to worry about this. My Dr said Hawaii is also pretty strict about vaccination and non vaxers aren't even welcome at our pediatric office. We've done the zoo and mall a few times, baby is in the ergo and fine. Having a 4 year old makes it unrealistic to hide in our house and I'm pretty sure I'd going insane. Kudos to yall staying in though. Hopefully they clean this measles mess up fast!

Teagan-11/22/10
    Scarlett Madison-12-18-2014
    Baby # 3 Due 06/02/16

Furchildren include
    Kali 12/20/10-Husky-Has Addison's Disease.
    Doxie 10/04/11-Dachsund
    Tadley 11/12-Cat Ruler of the house.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"