November 2015 Moms
Options

Coming up on Week 5 - Lower Back Pain

Hello End of October / Early November Mommies to Be: 
Let me begin by saying that I am incredibly excited to finally
 be a part of something mommy related and I am beyond excited to share my journey with all of you. I've eagerly been awaiting this promotion into mommyhood ever since my older sister had her first son 20 years ago and I am simply overflowing with joy to finally be at this point in my life! My husband and I have been together for a total of 7 years, married for 2 of them and TTC for a little over 6 months; and to my amazement February 2015 was our month! 

So far so good from what I can tell. I had my first doctors visit 3 days ago to confirm what 8 of my cheepo internet pregnancy test strips had told me and that was, " yes, your eggers is definitely preggers!" Our next visit is a month from today to hear the heartbeat and check on our nuggets progress. 

Anywhoo, on top of my extremely tender ta-tas and highly emotional outbursts, my lower back has been an absolute wreck this week!

Now, to preface this, I am someone who has unfortunately become well-acquainted with lower lumbar problems due to the fact that in my elementary to high school years I was a gymnast/cheerleader who developed a herniated disc after landing incorrectly too many times. So I'm no sissy when it comes to back pain.

However, the last few days have been absolutely miserable for me! I can not seem to get comfortable no matter what I do! I've tried some easy yoga positions, having my husband rub it out for a while, my hot pack, warm showers and those all work temporarily, but no matter what I do this annoying throbbing pain in my rear always seems to come back! 

Now i'm totally prepared to just deal with this for the next 35 weeks for the sake of my little one, but have any of you experienced this? and if so, have you come up with something that works well for you? 

Do you think this will get better if I keep walking and remedying it everyday, or am I doomed to a long pregnancy on bedrest? I hope not the latter, that would suck. 

If any of you have experience or advice on this I would greatly appreciate!   

Thanks all! <3

Re: Coming up on Week 5 - Lower Back Pain

• Options
    I have lower back pain that develops into extreme sciatica when I'm pregnant. I start going to the chiropractor monthly as soon as I can and increase my appointments as needed- usually as my OB appt get more frequent so do my chiro visits.

Definitely keep working out/stretching that area, it'll help! But consider being adjusted too, its my only form of real relief
    Peanut BFP 9.18.2009 EDD 5.23.2010 m/c 10.16.2010
    DD#1 BFP 4.28.2010 EDD 1.10.2011 born 12.27.2010
    DS BFP 8.29.2012 EDD 5.11.2013 born sleeping @ 17 weeks 12.1.2012
    DD#2 BFP 5.7.2013 EDD 1.11.2014 born 1.10.2014
    Jelly Bean BFP 2.25.2015 EDD 11.7.2015

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Pregnancy Ticker 
  • Options
    I went to the chiro yesterday and have a few
    Appointments set for next week. Just make sure they know you're pregnant so they don't send you for an X-ray. You'll probably get some relief within regular adjustments!
    YCSWU
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you ladies!

I will definitely look into a chiro. 

It's been a long while since I've been to one since I was turned away by one years ago for the herniated disc. 

Hopefully I will find someone who is willing to work with me on this since I'm so uncomfortable. 

I appreciate your advice!
  • Options
    I had fusion done on my L4-S1 two years ago. My lower back/right hip is bothering me with a deep annoying and intense ache. I am looking for my cord but plan on breaking out the ice machine. Icing was my savor especially since I can never take NSAIDs.
    ****Siggy Warning***
    ~Formerly ABabyMabe4us

Me(35) Him(35) Untied for life 4/1/2015.
    TTC Our 1st since 8/2014
    MC @ 7 weeks 5/2014
    Me: DD#1 3/2000, DD#2 6/2001, DS 5/2003
    BFP: 2/19/2015 EDD: 11/1/2015 IT'S A BOY!!!!

• Options

With my first pregnancy, I also had early, severe sciatic pain that went away within a week or two.  It came back at one point later in the pregnancy, but again, it was only temporary.  I had myself all stressed out that it was going to last the whole pregnancy (thanks internet), but it didn't.  I think temporary sciatic/back issues are common.  I would stay as active and fit as you can.  I was very active and worked out during my first pregnancy and I think that helped a LOT with the back pain, etc, that occurs later.  If it persists, you could also consider talking to a physical therapist...as a runner that has dealt with non-pregnancy related sciatic issues for years, going to the PT and getting exercises to work on was the most helpful thing I did (these are mostly hip-strengthening exercises that are beneficial in pregnancy too).  I tried the chiro too, but that wasn't beneficial for my particular problem.

I am 5 weeks into my 2nd pregnancy and I haven't had the pain yet but just some overall achiness.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"