Adoption
Options

state photolistings- any success?

Hi All,

I haven't been on this board for a while as we adopted my son last year from South Korea and have been busy.  However, once in a while I look at our state's photolistings of children in foster care that are available for adoption.  I never intended to adopt out of birth order but I can't get this 13 year old girl's profile out of my head, she'd just seem like such a perfect fit for our family.  I inquired about her and someone responded that they would forward my e-mail onto the placement agency for her. 

Has any one had any success adopting a child or gone down the path of trying to adopt a photolisted child?  I heard it's really hard and usually there are a lot of people in line for most of these kids.  But maybe not for older kids?  Just wondering if anyone had any experience with finding your child on the state or national photolistings sites.

Do most states discourage adopting an older child when you have two younger ones in the home?  Excuse my ignorance as I know a lot about international adoption and not much about domestic/foster care in the U.S. 

Thanks!

Thanks!

Re: state photolistings- any success?

• Options
    In a round about way we were matched with our son through a photo listing.  We inquired on a child and the case worker thought we were a better fit for another child she had that wasn't currently listed.   If we hadn't inquired on the one we wouldn't have been matched with our son.
    Started foster to adopt application process January 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"