Girl names — The Bump
Baby Names

Girl names

Hi everybody!

My husband and I are TTC our first child and have been talking about names lately. For a boy we love the name Nathaniel "Nate" possible middle name Elijah. Right now we picked the name Eliana "Ellie" for a girl. Some days I'm in love with the girl name and other days I am searching high and low to find other names. Picking names can be so overwhelming!
Annemarie and Miguel
Mr & Mrs 3.21.14
TTC our 1st baby<3
Nathaniel Grant or Eliana ______  
Help us think of a middle name for her! 

Re: Girl names

  • Sassenach1743Sassenach1743
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    member
    edited March 2015
    Nathaniel Elijah is fantastic!

    Ellie is uber popular these days. Seems everyone is using it either as a stand alone or nickname for Elizabeth, Eleanor, Elena, etc. Not sure if this makes a difference to you or not. Might you consider a few alternatives?

    Eliza
    Elise
    Esme

    Natalie or Natalia (similar to Nathaniel)
    Naomi

    Arianna 
    Adrianna 
    Marianna 
    Julianna

    Also, do you have any ideas for a middle name? That could help choose a first name that pairs well.
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image


    Anniversary
  • AM91509AM91509
    10 Comments 5 Love Its Photogenic
    member
    edited March 2015
    We have been searching for a middle name, but we can't seem to find one we agree on. If we chose Eliana, I like the sound of Rose. Ellie is quite popular, I'm not sure how I feel about that. I think I'd like to stay away from a popular name, though I do like how Eliana sounds, very pretty. My husband would like to corporate my mother in laws name which is Carmen, he suggested that as a middle name.
    Annemarie and Miguel
    Mr & Mrs 3.21.14
    TTC our 1st baby<3
    Nathaniel Grant or Eliana ______  
    Help us think of a middle name for her! 
  • Loading the player...
  • LNic5LNic5
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 5 Answers
    member
    @brita722 had some great suggestions...Natalia, Julianna, Eliza


    I love Lilliana and it has the same sound as Elianna


    Nathaniel Elijah is a great name
  • AM91509 said:

    Ellie is quite popular, I'm not sure how I feel about that. I think I'd like to stay away from a popular name, though I do like how Eliana sounds, very pretty.

    What about Eliana, no nickname? I know it'll probably come naturally at times, but you don't have to *plan* to call her that. It is a very pretty name!
    4N6s
  • 4N6s4N6s
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 5 Answers
    member
    Great choices!
  • I keep going back to Eliana, so it must be a sign. My husband is super picky and set on this name as well. Just have to think of a middle name, and he just shot me down on Rose!
    Annemarie and Miguel
    Mr & Mrs 3.21.14
    TTC our 1st baby<3
    Nathaniel Grant or Eliana ______  
    Help us think of a middle name for her! 
  • AM91509 said:

    My husband would like to corporate my mother in laws name which is Carmen, he suggested that as a middle name.

    Diminutives of Carmen are Carmelita and Carmina. Either of these would sound nice as a middle name. Or as a first name and you could use 'Lita' or 'Mina' for nicknames. 

    If Eliana is set in stone then here are a few middle name options... 

    Eliana Dulce (Spanish, means sweet)                        
    Eliana Paloma (Spanish, means dove)
    Eliana Perla (Spanish, means pearl)
    Eliana Reina (Spanish, means queen)
    Eliana Rosalia
    Eliana Salome
    Eliana Violeta
    Eliana Maria

    Eliana Grace
    Eliana Catherine or Catalina (Spanish)
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image


    Anniversary
  • I love your name choices! What about seeing if he'd go for Eliana Rosalie?





    Mother of 4 beautiful babies - soon to be 5!
    Mikey - 11/08/2000
    Eden - 02/23/2003
    Alora - 04/07/2006
    Elsie - 07/08/2015
    Expecting a baby girl 11/01/2016!!

  • I like Rosalie too along with Reina, I'll talk to my husband later about it and see what he says.
    brita722 said:

    AM91509 said:

    My husband would like to corporate my mother in laws name which is Carmen, he suggested that as a middle name.

    Diminutives of Carmen are Carmelita and Carmina. Either of these would sound nice as a middle name. Or as a first name and you could use 'Lita' or 'Mina' for nicknames. 

    If Eliana is set in stone then here are a few middle name options... 

    Eliana Dulce (Spanish, means sweet)                        
    Eliana Paloma (Spanish, means dove)
    Eliana Perla (Spanish, means pearl)
    Eliana Reina (Spanish, means queen)
    Eliana Rosalia
    Eliana Salome
    Eliana Violeta
    Eliana Maria

    Eliana Grace
    Eliana Catherine or Catalina (Spanish)



    How would you pronounce Salome?
    Annemarie and Miguel
    Mr & Mrs 3.21.14
    TTC our 1st baby<3
    Nathaniel Grant or Eliana ______  
    Help us think of a middle name for her! 
    Sassenach1743
  • LOVE Nathaniel Elijah! -Both of those names were on our boy list! Eliana is also very beautiful and feminine. I think both your choices are great :)
  • AM91509 said:

    I like Rosalie too along with Reina, I'll talk to my husband later about it and see what he says.

    brita722 said:

    AM91509 said:

    My husband would like to corporate my mother in laws name which is Carmen, he suggested that as a middle name.

    Diminutives of Carmen are Carmelita and Carmina. Either of these would sound nice as a middle name. Or as a first name and you could use 'Lita' or 'Mina' for nicknames. 

    If Eliana is set in stone then here are a few middle name options... 

    Eliana Dulce (Spanish, means sweet)                        
    Eliana Paloma (Spanish, means dove)
    Eliana Perla (Spanish, means pearl)
    Eliana Reina (Spanish, means queen)
    Eliana Rosalia
    Eliana Salome
    Eliana Violeta
    Eliana Maria

    Eliana Grace
    Eliana Catherine or Catalina (Spanish)



    How would you pronounce Salome?
    Sah-le-may
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image


    Anniversary
Sign In or Register to comment.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards