July 2015 Moms
Options

Dark rings around the neck

hi everyone
I noticed today that my neck fold have become very dark and prompt ... It's like high pigmentation ..
Anyone else noticing the same thing..
N what can be the reason
Thankyou in adv

Re: Dark rings around the neck

• Options

I have dark rings around my eyes. LOL.

Really though, it could just be from all of the hormones taking over your body. Crazy things like this happen.  I have days where my skin is awfully discolored and other days where it's fine...

• Options
    I've noticed the dark rings on my neck, I agree that it's just the hormones
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would get ur sugar levels checked...sometimes pregnancy can throw those levels off
  • Options
    Dark rings around the neck usually mean high blood sugar. Please have your sugar levels checked with your OB as this may indicate Gestational diabetes which needs to be taken care of.
  • Options
    Chellz0684Chellz0684 member
    edited February 2015
    Hahaha I have dark rings around my nipples now. This happened with my daughter too. They look like they are looking at you if I have my shirt off.
  • Options
    Dark rings around your neck in a non pregnant state can indicate diabetes. Dark rings around your neck when pregnant could most likely be hormones. It goes with the mask of pregnancy or hyperpigmentation that you can see on face, underarms and breasts. And from your icon, I take that you're black or at the very least dark skin so you'll probably see it more and sooner.
  • Options
    The dark ring on the neck is a sign of diabetes. You may want to call the doc and discuss it.
  • Options
    It's not a sign of diabetes! If you are not pregnant and have this it means you aren't breaking glucose down right but it does not mean you are diabetic. When pregnant it could be the same thing or it could be just hormones. Don't freak out and just ask your doctor.
  • Options
    My boobs are getting darker. They did the same with my last one. But went away a couple of months after she was born. But now they are getting darker again. Looks odd cause I'm light skin but with dark boobs. Lol
  • Options
    Are you having a boy? Old wives tale a coworker told me. As you probably heard over and over again like I have, all pregnancies are different and we all go through different changes. Talk to your doctor if you're ever concerned. Try not to stress ;).
  • Options
    Google- pregnancy mask, it may be helpful for you. Xx
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"