July 2015 Moms
Options

Decided on a baby name yet?

1235»

Re: Decided on a baby name yet?

• Options
    Well since I haven't seen my name on here... My princess's name is Fynlee Faith
  • Options
    We are having a boy and his name will be Luke Gregory.  Luke has an older brother named Jude.  So far, our pattern for names are names that are from pop culture references that we have loved and have inspired us.  "Hey Jude" has been my favorite song since I was four so it just felt right to name my firstborn Jude.  His middle name is Allan which is my Dad's middle name.

My husband and I are die hard Star Wars fans.  Therefore, our second son will be named Luke.  I love how well Jude and Luke sound together.  They share vowels!  And in the tradition of our firstborn, Luke's middle name is Gregory which is my husband's dad's first name.

We have several names picked out for girls IF we have girls.  Their names will also be pop culture references.  Kairi (Kingdom Hearts), Scout (To Kill a Mockingbird), Rory (Gilmore Girls), Audrey (Hepburn) and Evie (some video game my husband enjoys).  If we have another boy, we are screwed because we have no more names picked out for boys haha
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm finding out tonight and it will either be Brennan Joseph or Adelle Grace! So excited!
    Me: 24 years old
    2011 dx: adeno carcinoma of the cervix, cone biopsy to remove tumor
    2011-2014: follow ups with gyn/onc every four months
    Feb 2014: told to consider pregnancy "sooner than later"
    April 2014: start process for IUI with Ottawa Fertility Clinic, HSG all clear
    May 2014: blood work, all good
    June 2014: IUI #1, BFP, c/p 
    July 2014: IUI #2, reaction to hormone in donor sperm, essentially body rejects IUI, bfn
    Nov 2014: Surprise BFP with new b/f
    Dec 2014: ultrasound at 6w5d, got to see my little one's heartbeat at 120bpm
    Jan 2015: 12w ultrasound, measuring well, perfect heartbeat
    Feb 2015: emergency lap coly
    Feb 2015: It's a boy!
    EDD: July 30, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Wont find out the sex until next Wednesday! But I could share some names.

For Boy: Maksym (or Maksim)
    For Girl: Petra or Pilar

Still trying to figure out good middle names, but Ive got some time :smiley:
  • Options
    Girl: Kerry Ann (his great grandmother's name is Carrie and my late mother's name was Lou Ann)
    Boy: Skyler Noel (my late dad's name is Leon, which is Noel in reverse)
  • Options
    If it's a girl, DarcyJean or Elodi Jean.

Not sure for a boy. We both like Henry. 

We find out tomorrow! 
  • Options
    We were both certain we were having a girl (for no rhyme or reason) and picked Natalie grace, grace after my husbands late grandmother. Turns out, it's a boy!!! It took awhile to agree, but we landed on Jacoby Joseph, "JJ". Joseph is my husbands middle name and both families have a strong "J" name presence but no Jacobys :)
  • Options
    We haven't decided for sure, but we are leaning toward Lucas Alan or Grant Alan for our baby boy. We like both of the first names and the middle name is a family name. However I am torn on spelling of Alan! My dad's name is Allan, but my husband and his dad's middle name is Alan. I would rather spell it Allan after my dad but my hubby thinks it should be Alan since that is how his is spelled. I think I'm going to let him win that fight, plus most people call my dad Al so they might not even realize his full name is spelled with 2 l's
  • Options
    We're having a gorgeous little girl, and her name will likely be Kennedy Jean... We wanted a strong female name that's cute when she's little but will also grow with her into adulthood. Jean is my late grandfathers first name, that's also my mom and my middle name! C'mon July!! I can't wait to meet this little beauty!
  • Options
    We'be decided to name our sweet girl

Sawyer Eva Lynn

so excited!!!! :)
  • Options
    We find out the gender on Tuesday!! I'm dying waiting... But we've decided on a girl name, but can't pick a middle name to go with Theodore if it's a boy..
  • Options
    Olive Rae or Charlotte Rae.  Leaning towards Olive though, DS is Everett James.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LeannFranLeannFran member
    edited March 2015
    Since DD will be half Hispanic, thanks to mommy :), we wanted some Latina flare.
    Our top contender is Gabriella Francisca!

We plan on coming up with two more names just incase we meet her and the name doesn't fit. With DS we had 3-4 names and waited until we met him to name him :)
    image Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Found out its a girl, Ryan Nora is arriving in July (20th ish)! :)
  • Options
    We found out on Saturday that we are having a boy! Of course we had two girl names we liked but have had issues with boys names. One of the names that has grown on me is Kane. We live in Chicago and my husband is a huge Blackhawks fan and there is a player on the team named Patrick Kane. I'm worried that it would be weird naming our child after a hockey player but I like the name either way. We will see if that is our final choice. I wish I could be so certain about a name like all of you are! I'm driving myself crazy!
  • Options
    Lincoln!! Big sister is Teagan
  • Options

We found out on Saturday that we are having a boy! Of course we had two girl names we liked but have had issues with boys names. One of the names that has grown on me is Kane. We live in Chicago and my husband is a huge Blackhawks fan and there is a player on the team named Patrick Kane. I'm worried that it would be weird naming our child after a hockey player but I like the name either way. We will see if that is our final choice. I wish I could be so certain about a name like all of you are! I'm driving myself crazy!

It's better to be named after a player than a team like my poor brother! His name is Jarryd Bruins.
    DS #1 Born 01/23/09
    Married 03/18/10
    DS #2 Born 05/19/11
    DS #3 Due 07/26/15

• Options

It's better to be named after a player than a team like my poor brother! His name is Jarryd Bruins.

Being a huge bruins fan and huge hockey fan I LOVE both of these names, the babies and your brothers.

I too am naming my baby the name of a common athlete and he plays for a rival team!

The name is beautiful, and it means something to you guys! So do it!

Names are names. Derek Jeters middle name is Sanderson. He was named after a BOSTON hockey player and spent his whole career as a New York Yankee.

As long as you love it, and won't be upset if he's not on the team next year, then do it! :)
  • Options

Lincoln!! Big sister is Teagan

We have Teagan on our list of names for our little girl, I just love it.
  • Options
    @lcourter24 crazy..... I have a girlfriend who has an Everett and a Scarlett.

Paul Beckett for a boy, Ella Sophia for a girl (originally we thought Anna, but it felt too harsh with Tara, if that makes sense... We already have a Tara Lynn). I wanted to stick with the 4 letter, 2 vowel, 2 consenent thing, just to keep it easy, lol. Hubby was such a trooper and we were able to not old stick to it, but also find family names!
    Is my southern showing yet?
  • Options
    We found out yesterday that our little peanut is a girl so her name is Elaina Katherine - Katherine after my grandmother. Her nickname will be Leia (we're huge star wars fans...so sue me ;) )

Had she been a boy, we would have used Jackson (Jack) Lucas
  • Options
    AshCHB said:

We keep switching... But for the past month or so the top contenders have been Autumn Savannah for a girl and Clayton Parker for a boy. We're not telling anyone IRL our choices until after baby joins us, just in case we change our minds.

Omg I love autumn savannah! I wish hubby would go for it!
  • Options
    Baby is a girl! Naturally we had three boy's names picked out haha. I think we are going with Gianna Marie. Marie is my mom's and my MIL's middle name.
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I love Gaelic names so we had Eabha (pronounced like Ay-va or Ava) Madeleine picked for a girl and Odhran (Oar-an) for a boy! Found out that it's a girl so baby Eabha Madeleine it is! Madeleine is after DH's grandma and we both just love the name and thought they went well together so decided to make use of it!

• Options
    Boy!!! So excited to give our girls a brother! Not sure yet but leaning towards Elias Everett Eaton. Thoughts?
  • Options
    I've decided on Dax Robert for my boy :)
  • Options
    Augustus Duane for my boy. I'll call him Gus and Duane is after my grandfather.
  • Options
    Our baby boy will be Crosley James :)
  • Options
    We are having a girl! We have settled on Luella Joy. Luella combines my great great grandmother and Dh's grandma. Joy is for my mother. Family is already calling her LuLu which happens to go super well with our last name.
  • Options
    Pretty sure I'm going with Alexa. I want to call her Lexi. But I don't have a middle name yet. I like Alexa Rey.. But not sure.
  • Options
    We're thinking Harry!
  • Options
    We decided on Harrison! I'm glad we have a decision! We r 20 weeks today.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"