August 2015 Moms

Oh my!!! Sinus infection!

i am on day 4 of a horrible sinus infection. I am wanting to take as few medications as possible. Does anyone have any good home remedies to share?? What works for you?

Re: Oh my!!! Sinus infection!

• tander1 said:

i am on day 4 of a horrible sinus infection. I am wanting to take as few medications as possible. Does anyone have any good home remedies to share?? What works for you?

If it is a true sinus infection and not just a really bad cold, stuffy nose, etc., then you are going to need medication to get it to go away. If you are just really stuffed up, I have heard that netti pots (spelling?) work wonders, but I myself have never been brave enough to use one. Hope you feel better soon!
  • I had this, I feel your pain - it was horrible! Get your hands on some penicillin, there is no risk in taking antibiotics whilst pregnant.
  • Loading the player...
  • I was diagnosed with a sinus infection at the urgent care last night. They gave me an antibiotic and told me to use salene mist and a humidifier daily. Hope you feel better soon!
  • An ice pack on the forehead can help relieve some of the pressure/pain as well. Good luck.
  • I had one a couple of months ago ( I get like 2 per year) I was given the zpack.   Also the humidifier was very helpful!
  • What happens if you leave a sinus infection untreated without antibiotics? I had one about a week and half ago and feel better now but the only thing remaining is a runny nose. Every time I use my netti pot, I get rid of a ton of nasty junk so I'm wondering if I should still be concerned. Is it absolutely necessary to take antibiotics or can a sinus infection resolve itself?
  • That's a good question. I honestly have no idea. Every time I get one it is pretty bad and they always prescribe an antibiotic. Sorry I'm no help.
  • If it's a sinus infection you need an antibiotics before it gets worse! It's safe to take.
  • I was diagnosed on Friday and am now taking a z-pak, using saline, and humidifier. I believe it depends on the seriousness of your infection. I would ask your doctor. Untreated bacteria is not safe-pregnant or not. Feel better
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"