July 2015 Moms
Options

Scan

nimble33nimble33 member
edited February 2015 in July 2015 Moms
So had my 20 weeks scan on Wednesday was told everything's fine but have to go back in a couple of weeks to check the heart some more and the lips. Had an appointment with my consultant yesterday and have been told I have to have another scan at 32 weeks because Ive gotten quite large already

Re: Scan

• Options
    Just really stressed and not enjoying this pregnancy
  • Options
    Sending T & Ps to you!! I have my scanin four hours ((I can't sleep because I'm so nervous))

What are they suspecting since they want you to come in for another scan? I can't imagine the thoughts & stress you must be experiencing. ((Hugs))
    image Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You know what I don't even know?? I asked and just got its nothing to worry about its just to check to see baby is ok. I was on meds when we conceived but had to wean myself off them as they were for my bipolar. I know they can cause facial deformities so until I know for sure I'll stress even more
  • Options
    I think you're entitled to know :( If the stress gets to you too much I would definitely call your dr. Maybe it's just to double check that everything is continuing to develop properly. GL & I'll keep you in my T&Ps
    image Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Not so easy to make an appointment to see a DR over here but will try to get to see one soon. Thanks ladies x
  • Options
    This happened to me with my first and I called my Dr. Just to get a better understanding. I worried from 19 weeks until 32 weeks and it's not fun. Try and clarify to help ease the mind.
  • Options
    I am having to go back for another scan at 24 weeks too. My doctor just said that they didn't get a good enough look at some parts and would like to see more. I tried to just take it at face value and not to worry. Instead I'm looking forward to see my baby again! From what I have been reading its pretty common to have to repeat this scan. Even though I didn't have to with my first two babies. And I was just reading another thread and some people only get one ultrasound the whole pregnancy! So try (I know it may be hard) not to worry and be instead be excited to see your baby again!
  • Options
    Some women who have already had a c section, (I don't know if you have our not, thisis just something similar to that.) and baby is growing to fast or bigger than normal have to have early labor (not so early to hurt baby or you of course!) and if not can be put at high risk. Other than that I don't know what it would be for? Maybe to check on baby.
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers. Waiting is never easy especially when babies are involved. Sounds like they just want to check on the development and make sure all is okay. The last thing they want you to do is freak you out.
    Did you find out the sex?
  • Options
    Never had a c section and have never had any problems at all with my other pregnancy at all and I haven't even been classed as high risk. I think I'm quite big though for a 21 week bump, just have see what the Dr says.
  • Options
    And yes we're having a boy
  • Options
    Probably just precautionary since they know you were on meds in the beginning. Surely it's nothing.
    ? PgAL/PAL Welcome ? My Chart ?
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah I'm sure it's fine I just stress at the stupidest things right now :/
  • Options
    nimble33 said:

Yeah I'm sure it's fine I just stress at the stupidest things right now :/

Don't worry, we all do! Having you and baby in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Options
    T&P for you and your little one. I hope you can find some calm and peace between now and then.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"