October 2015 Moms
Options

Measuring 5 days behind, but baby has a heartbeat!

Emma2601Emma2601 member
edited February 2015 in October 2015 Moms
I just had my first abdominal US tonight which was followed up by a transvaginal US when the tech couldn't really see anything. I expected to be AT LEAST 7w1d if not more, but only measured at 6w3d. Apparently, this is very normal, however I know the measurement must be off because there's no way I got a positive pregnancy test almost 4 weeks ago at 2w5d! Good news is we saw the baby and heartbeat and everything looks fine. Anyone else measuring behind? Anyone measure behind in a past pregnancy and "catch up" or even speed ahead? 

Re: Measuring 5 days behind, but baby has a heartbeat!

• Options
    Doubtful. Most first time moms go past their due date anyways.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    last14reallast14real member
    edited February 2015
    On the size thing your baby could catch up, could just be a small baby or their measurements could be a little off. My babies measured small always so my dr (same for both) never changed my dates. If your dr changes your due date to the 2 0th and you don't go into active labor you may not have a choice but to be pregnant until than. I would definitely be asking your doctor their induction policy so that you could see whether or not it's an option for you. Me personally if you can hold out longer I would. Going into labor birth with ds went waaaay better than my induction with my dd but everyone is different. Here's hoping you just go into labor and don't have to worry about being like 42 weeks prego, good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What does a few days difference really matter? You should try focusing on having a healthy baby rather than your due date. I just had my us and shows I'm a week behind, this is probably due to having a 35 cycle, rather than the avg 28 days. Changed my due date from Sept 28 to Oct 4. Not complaining at all! Just can't wait for the baby.
  • Options
    The same thing happened to me yesterday at our first ultrasound. I was 7 weeks according to my period, but the tech was like are you sure, b/c you are only measuring 6w and 2d. There was a heart beat and she kept my due date at October 15. So I guess we'll see!
  • Options
    An average FTM won't spontaneously deliver until 41w1d, so I would count on some extra time at the end. Inducing when there is no medical need increases the likelihood of a c-section and giving birth to an underdeveloped baby. Let that baby's brain and lungs keep cooking until baby says she is ready to enter the world! You'll meet your baby soon enough. =) 

My 1st was born spontaneously at 41w0d so this rule certainly held true for me. 
                                                                                   4.24.12                                                                            5.7.14
                  imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby #2 Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    I think I'm being a little misunderstood.  I AM NOT planning on inducing labor to get the baby out early.  I don't know why people would even think that.  I'm just hoping the baby is still due around the 15th and is just measuring behind because I am very impatient and am already tired of being pregnant.  My symptoms have not been bad, it's just all the restrictions and people telling me what to do and what not to do that is killing me.  I can't believe anyone would think I'd actually force my baby out before it was ready.  Thanks for having such a low opinion of me :-/  I think I'm just about done with these message boards....
  • Options
    Wss^^^ I also see that you edited your original post to deltet the line that said something to the effect of " I am not staying pregnant until October 20"
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My DS was born a little after 37 weeks. DH wasn't home, I didn't know what to do when my water broke! Don't stress about due dates. DS always measured on track but I had an ultrasound at 7 weeks to date the pregnancy due to very irregular periods. And, despite being a skinny little guy he was perfectly healthy.
  • Options
    Emma2601Emma2601 member
    edited March 2015
    Much better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"