3rd Trimester

Babies stomach small at 32w5d

We had an ultrasound this morning and they say our baby's stomach is measuring small. It's in the 7th percentile and should be in the 10th percentile. She's 4lbs healthy otherwise. 
We go back in 2 weeks for another ultrasound.

Anyone else had this? What does it mean?

Re: Babies stomach small at 32w5d

• I had the same thing happen at our 32 week us. They started me on weekly stress tests and had me a come back 2 weeks later. The stomach had improved to 9%. We were induced at 37 weeks due to being diagnosed with IUGR but my little girl was born weighing 6 lbs 9 oz and 19 inches long. 
    So what does it mean? Maybe nothing, maybe IUGR. Just keep going in for your appointments and try to be nice to yourself. Even if it is IUGR, there is not a lot you can do about it. 

From WebMD-IUGR-= Intrauterine growth restriction (IUGR) refers to a condition in which an unborn baby is smaller than it should be.

I hope I did not scare you, but to follow up, my dd was born perfectly healthy and is now 6 months old and in the 95% on everything. She is also right on track with all her milestones. 
  • From a purely statistical stand point, there could be no difference between the 7th and 10th percentile; it could be within the margin of error. It can be hard to get accurate ultrasound measurements, too. I hope you will be able to ask your doctor about what it means for you/your baby soon !
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"