April 2015 Moms
Options

Tanning

have any of you ladies ever went to the tanning salon while pregnant?? I read up on it and it says as long as you dont over heat yourself, its fine. The UV rays only penetrate the first 2 layers of YOUR skin. I still want to know other moms thoughts though.

Re: Tanning

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I personally would never take the risk just to be tan, I think you should ask your OB and see what they think
  • Options
    Um isn't this how you get that pregnancy mask?  Your skin reacts different to the sun when you are pregnant, I'd assume it does the same when tanning...

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• Options
    I would say don't do it because it isn't a risk I would be willing to take but then again I am the one who elects to do airport pat downs rather than risk going through the TSA machines. I know they are probably ok but I still worry about my boy. Tanning just doesn't seem worth it.

At the end of the day I would do what your medical provider says not what a bunch of Internet strangers say.
  • Options
    A lot of tanning salons will not let you, if you can find one that doesn't find you a liability be prepared for dark spots that they say will appear from being in the sun too much. I guess its up to you and your doctor. I personally would not choose to do it and I'm pretty laid back regarding the "rules" of pregnancy.
  • Options
    I use to work at one. Get a spray tan. Most tanning salons you need a doctors note to tan. The uv Rays do not effect the baby at all however the heat is the problem because your baby is not able to sweat. You have two more months and made it this long, I wouldn't mess with it.
  • Options
    Not safe!!!!!

Not safe when you're not pregnant. Why would you do it now?

Embrace your paleness. It's winter!
  • Options
    I get airbrush spray tan every few weeks. My doctor says airbrush is fine because it is well ventilated compared to a spray booth. Also the place that I go uses all natural organic products. You have to be pretty much naked in there when somebody sprays you but let's face it, we might as will get used to it since we're going to give birth soon.
  • Options
    Had melanoma show up at age 25 after only tanning 5 times, never burned. I would take a baseball bat to all tanning beds if it were legal. 10 years cancer free now but I have an awesome scar on my arm. Don't go ever! Do not take unnecessary risks with your child for sure!
  • Options
    No no no no no. Remember Tan Mom? She released a pop song. If seeing her Oompa Loompa like skin and listening to this disaster don't bring you to your senses, then I'm not sure what will!

Here, in all of its glory: https://m.tmz.com/index.html#Article/2013/05/05/tanning-mom-song/

• Options
    Get a full back tattoo instead , it's permanent and won't wash away and will cover those lily white areas nicely ....
  • Options
    I didnt ask because I wanted to go tan lmao I was just curious. But there are a lot of rude people out there... Hopefully its just your alls hormones or something.. Geez. Sorry for posting a question? If I was that concerned about tanning I would have been already being this far along if I found it to be safe which I dont and I wouldnt recomend. I just wanted to know other opinions. Thanks to those of you who sinply answered and werent rude!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    No one said you had to respond either. So goodbye.
  • Options
    Seriously I have 6 weeks left in my pregnancy. 6 weeks!! And I have only tanned a handful of times and thats it and it was 2 years ago lol. I read an article on fb and was curious about what other moms thought about it. If that doesnt make sense to you sorry for your stupidity. This is a place for questions to be asked. If you dont like the topic or dont want to actually answer then move on to one that you do and that "makes sense." My god.
  • Options

Seriously I have 6 weeks left in my pregnancy. 6 weeks!! And I have only tanned a handful of times and thats it and it was 2 years ago lol. I read an article on fb and was curious about what other moms thought about it. If that doesnt make sense to you sorry for your stupidity. This is a place for questions to be asked. If you dont like the topic or dont want to actually answer then move on to one that you do and that "makes sense." My god.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
  • Options
    Uhhhh... Okay.
  • Options
    amt725amt725 member
    edited February 2015
    Your comment about it being hormones was actually quite rude.

Well stated juliaandpatrick!
  • Options

No one said you had to respond either. So goodbye.

Bye! Where are you going?
  • Options

Uhhhh... Okay.

I get the feeling you aren't familiar with Macbeth, or Shakespere. "Out damn spot, out!"
  • Options

Uhhhh... Okay.

I get the feeling you aren't familiar with Macbeth, or Shakespere. "Out damn spot, out!"
    Your first quote was actually from Hamlet
  • Options
    " The lady doth protest too much, methinks" a quotation from Hamlet, not Macbeth

• Options

Uhhhh... Okay.

Your first quote was actually from Hamlet
    Yes, I'm aware. The second is from Macbeth.
  • Options
    I am 26 years old and a skin cancer survivor. I do NOT recommend tanning beds or even too much natural sun exposure to anyone no matter how healthy they are. I got skin cancer when I was 22 years old and 13 surgeries later I am still afraid it's going to pop up somewhere the doctors overlooked.
    You're paying to potentially kill yourself and definitely ruin your skin. It's screams stupidity.
  • Options
    Oh and btw I got melanoma from tanning
  • Options
    I've been spray tanning since pregnant. I don't think the uv is the issue but the heat. Personally, I'd stay out of the beds until your not pregnant.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"