September 2015 Moms

Well here goes.. Any other teen moms?

I'm apart of this group and I'm just wondering if anybody else in here is too. I'm not quitting school (most frequently asked question) and I have high hopes that I'm not ruining my life. I feel blessed by all means, a baby is a miracle and my boyfriend, as well as both of our families, are very very supportive!

Re: Well here goes.. Any other teen moms?

• Loading the player...
  • I'm not but I'm rooting for you!! ;)
  • Congrats and never give up on your goals :-)
  • Thank you everyone I feel loved and supported. I hope all of you are doing well! Anything I can do to help just let me know. ☺️ I'm very thankful.
  • I'm 25, will be 26 when baby gets here so not a teen mom but if you're looking for some positivity.. my sister had my nephew at 16, she's now 27 with an LPN degree and a very good job. My husband also had his first at 16 with his then-girlfriend. My step-son is awesome, he just turned 11 and is very excited to be a big brother. My husband and I own our own home and I do the stay at home wife thing. We're very happy and his ex (step-sons mom) is also doing well! Might be harder and more stressful as a teenager but it's not impossible! :) best of luck, dear.
  • sugarmagn0liasugarmagn0lia member
    edited February 2015
    There was a post about this not too long ago, so you can always check there for other members in the same boat :) buuut, I got pregnant at 20, just turned 21 on Thursday! I'm not a teen obviously, but I'm not far off from it and definitely considered societally "young." I am however completely and fully committed to being wonderful for this little baby, both before and after he or she shows up in the world :)
  • Good point @sugarmagn0lia If you just search "teen mom" using the box at the bottom of the page, another thread comes up with lots of supportive comments. I just checked and it was posted on February 12th if you want to check it out @hhankinson14
  • I'm 19! Almost finished my first year at university and do not have the intention of giving up on my degree. My fiancé is 22 and he's actually starting his degree this October!!
    Being a young mum isn't as hard as it used to be! We don't need to give up our lives! Xx
  • I was a teen mom with my first. Got pregnant at 17 & had her at 18. She is now 4. I graduated with my class
    (2010) on time being 6 months pregnant. Had her that August and started my freshman year of college a week before she was born. I'm still in school now working on my masters. Could've been done last year at age 21 but stuff happens. Just never let anyone bring you down and do what you have to do for yourself and your baby. & never give up. Good luck! :)
  • I was a teen mom, my boys are about to be 16 & 17. I'm pregnant again at 34. It was far from easy, but sooo worth it. I'm available if you ever need someone to talk to. A good support system is vital.
  • I am nineteen and pregnant. I withdrew from one of my classes because of stress but I plan on finishing my AA with 5 more credits and then going on to get my bachelors. Still deciding adoption vs keeping him/her. I dont know what to do because I can't imagine continuing school would be easy. Also, the father is out of the picture. So I'm doing this with a little help from family and friends..

Any advice? I know I will be a terrific mom. But is it worth putting the kid through an unstable upbringing? Are there any moms out there that were once in my situation and worked it out? I know there has to be.
  • I think that if you are dedicated to making it work and to being successful then you will be an awesome mom. Just remember that very few things that are truly worth it in life are ever easy! I have friends who had their first as teenagers and graduated from college, have great careers and raised wonderful, well adjusted kids. My sil however had 3 kids by 3 different men starting at 15 yrs old and has never been interested in trying to make their lives better, she is content with living on welfare and passing her kids off onto other family members. You sound like you are on the right path and it's really great to hear that you are concerned about your baby's well being.
  • I'm 15 and will be 16 whenever I have my first.
  • I'm not, I'll be 23 when little one is born, but my MIL was 17 when she had my husband. She finished school and is a cosmotoligist now. She did an amazing job raising my husband. I'm sure you will do an amazing job raising your little one.
  • Im 18 going to be 19 (: i feel so awkward when people find ot im pregnant, even though i got married first. They still make so many rude comments :(
  • forlove2009forlove2009 member
    edited February 2015
    I'm 18 and will be 19 once the baby is born. I'm also married and couldn't be more excited about it
  • @maryandjon+1 don't let em get to you! I'm almost twenty three and have been married for almost two years and I get those comments too. Some people just think if you're under thirty, you shouldn't have kids even though your risks are the lowest at our ages. And breastfeeding before age 20 dramically drops your risk of breast cancer. Basically cuts the risk in half. It still dramatically lowers your risk in your early 20s too.
  • I'm 19 (but will be 20 when baby arrives) and I've just reached 10 weeks with my first pregnancy today! When I first found out I was pg I was so worried and afraid and I didn't know what to do, but with the help of my family & my fiancés family I have became stroger and happier! I hope you have all of the joys and happiness life can bring you and your little one ♡
  • I am also not a teenage mom, but at 22 I'm not far off from that. I got married in September and pregnant in December and I'm occasionally getting comments from people, but as I get further along and more people find out I'm sure I'll get more because I look a lot younger than I am. Just brush off the negativity and focus on the positive! People will say things they have no business saying. And when they do, just remember that if they had no business saying their comment then you have no reason to listen to them. Stick to school. It will be hard, but it will be even harder to get a decent job to support your family-in-the-making if you don't stick with it and finish! Get support from the people around you that will suppot you (hopefully minimum parents and babydaddy but if not find a good friend) but I caution you to use those people but not to the point of taking advantage of them. Be your child's mother! Its so hard for me to watch my sister in law and brother in law (both teenagers when their 1st was born, now adults) pass off their 1st onto my husband's parents and now the 3rd one is on the way I'm seeing the 2nd get passed off more and more like they don't want the girls....it breaks my heart when the oldest who is 2 falls and doesn't cry for mom but rather for grandma because mom isn't there for her and mom/dad have no reason other than lazy? immature? to not be there for them. Sorry this is so long, but I guess all that to say, be your child's mother to the best of your ability, accept help when needed, and don't give up or let negativity get to you!
  • abbyrigg said:

I am nineteen and pregnant. I withdrew from one of my classes because of stress but I plan on finishing my AA with 5 more credits and then going on to get my bachelors. Still deciding adoption vs keeping him/her. I dont know what to do because I can't imagine continuing school would be easy. Also, the father is out of the picture. So I'm doing this with a little help from family and friends..

Any advice? I know I will be a terrific mom. But is it worth putting the kid through an unstable upbringing? Are there any moms out there that were once in my situation and worked it out? I know there has to be.
    No one can tell you what is best for you and your baby. People have successfully overcome situations similar to yours with keeping the baby and with choosing adoption. If you choose to keep the baby it will be difficult, but adoption is a hard choice as well. Not to make it more difficult, I really do wish you the best and understand how difficult of a decision you have to make.. I just don't think hearing someone else's "it worked for me" should affect your decision much. Do what you know is best for you and baby. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"