September 2015 Moms

Recommend a maternity jean?

Tried Old Navy and H&M and they just didn't fit right.  Target was wiped out and didn't have my size to even try.  I only have jeans from WHMB and they don't make maternity.  Belly band was working ok but now my zipper won't stay zipped anymore so it's causing quite a bit of sagging on the behind.  Anyone have a recommendation for a brand, hopefully $30 or under?

Re: Recommend a maternity jean?

• I live in Florida so I'm sticking to leggings rather than jeans do to the extreme heat. So I have no recommendations for jeans, BUT the modal leggings from the gap are AMAZING. Super comfy and not see through at all. They just look high end. So so nice.
  • I really like motherhood maternity. They often have online sales that make them affordable.
  • Loading the player...
  • I usually lurk. But I bought mine from Burlington coat factory and got them between 10 and 20 a pair. They fit wonderfully. You can purchase online too Lol. I shopped clearance.
  • Secret fit in the mother hood maternity store! Best jeans ever.
    Expecting baby #3 Due 9/15/2015
  • I also like the Motherhood Maternity brand; I found mine at Kohl's on sale for 50% off.
  • I bought from Ross for $8 and 2 pairs from Motherhood Maternity. I'm a little disappointed in my Motherhood pants, I have the Jessica Simpson brand and feel like they stretch out too much after a day. Maybe it won't bother me as much when I'm further along.

I looked at Burlington and for me none of the pants fit. Depending on the brand I was a size 0-2 or about a 26. I tried 5 pairs from Burlington and they were all huge on me.

• I bought the Motherhood Maternity, they fit me well. Old Navy maternity jeans didn't work for me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm one of those weird people that are between sizes like a large is super tight and an xlarge falls off me. I tend to lean towards motherhood.
  • I just bought a pair of shorts from zulily for $15. I know it's super early and I told myself I wouldn't buy maternity until absolutely necessary, but these were super cute and a great price!! Now I hope they will fit well :)
  • @babs02 I'm a 0-2 as well and most are baggy in the crotch. My lack of hips and butt don't help either. Found one pair at Kohl's just now and they are Capri pants. It's still really cold where I'm at :/. Going to try the Motherhood Maternity store tomorrow.
  • Check thrift stores. I found some there.

My fave pair in the past was a full-paneled pair from MM. The panel was like thick pantyhose and nude colored. They breathed, less noticeable under a shirt and were comfortable to me. The dark blue panels made of cotton are visible through shirts real bad. They cost more than $30 though.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • babs02 said:

I bought from Ross for $8 and 2 pairs from Motherhood Maternity. I'm a little disappointed in my Motherhood pants, I have the Jessica Simpson brand and feel like they stretch out too much after a day. Maybe it won't bother me as much when I'm further along.

I looked at Burlington and for me none of the pants fit. Depending on the brand I was a size 0-2 or about a 26. I tried 5 pairs from Burlington and they were all huge on me.

My motherhood ones stretched out a TON too :(
  • I love the Wallflower brand skinny jeans from Motherhood Maternity. They are so comfortable and fit perfectly. They are very flattering and not baggy in the wrong places like so many maternity jeans are. I bought them on a sale I believe, buy two get one free. I think they ended up being $20. This was last year though when preggo with my DS.
  • I also wanted to comment that my Motherhood jeans fit amazing in the store. I bought them early because I was sick of wearing my jeans unbuttoned even with a belly band. My motherhood jeans now are super stretched out just above the crotch so I've been wearing a belly band with them anyways. I'm hoping once I'm bigger I'll fill them in more.

Living in Arizona is hard. Although we've had beautiful weather I tend to run cold and my work is always freezing!
  • My first pregnancy I had old navy and this time around I spend the money for motherhood. Worth every penny!!!! They fit way better and aren't falling down.
  • babs02 said:

I bought from Ross for $8 and 2 pairs from Motherhood Maternity. I'm a little disappointed in my Motherhood pants, I have the Jessica Simpson brand and feel like they stretch out too much after a day. Maybe it won't bother me as much when I'm further along.

I have a pair from target that fit nice but stretch out over the course of the day....the plus is that it made me feel like I lost weight.
  • Wow my MM jeans never stretched out like you all are describing but the last pair I had bought was a few years ago. Maybe they changed something?! Or maybe it depends on what style you get. I can't recall the name of the design that I had but it wasn't Jessica Simpson.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • The loft and Gap have maternity too. Watching sales I have gotten nice work pants and tops for 7-14 dollars! I have yet to look for jeans but this is where I will probably start since most my non maternity jeans are from those 2 stores!
  • I heard Jessica Simpson's jeans at Motherhood Maternity are awesome. But I imagine they could be a bit pricey...
  • I got my jeans at the thrift store; they are target brand, but I only paid 5 bucks and they look brand new. I did go down a few sizes with this brand. Ironically though, the target brand shirts are way too small in the chest, even the 2xl
  • Thanks for all the suggestions!  I'm going to try and make it to Motherhood Maternity soon (ran out of steam today).  We have an outlet too but it's an outdoor outlet and it's snowing and cold here so we'll see...
  • Today I finally cracked and went to gap. I just got some in my size but have not really tried them on. After my nap I will and I will let you know lol.
  • I got some maternity cords from Gap for $18. They are low with a small band and got a little loose after wearing. I'm sure I'll get a little bigger once I can eat right and they'll fit better.
  • It's a bit more expensive than I like, but the Jessica Simpson maternity jeans are very good. I was lucky to be able to grab couple of pairs on sale.
  • I don't know if there is one near you, but I went to Gordmon's and they had Indigo Blue brand and they are AMAZING!!! So comfy and they fit really well. 
  • I highly recommend the Jessica Simpson maternity jeans. I tried a few of less expensive brands and they didn't fit nearly as nice. I got them from motherhood maternity on sale for about $35, and since pregnancy is uncomfortable as is, it was worth it for me to splurge a little more than I originally wanted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"