August 2015 Moms

16 weeks and still throwing up

is anyone else still very sick and throwing up after the 1rst trimester? I don't take anything because I don't like taking drugs for it but is there a better food to eat for me or something!

Re: 16 weeks and still throwing up

• I am not very sick, but still occasional - I am 15 weeks today. I find that now I mostly get sick if I wait too long to eat and then try to eat. Try to keep something small in your stomach at all times, even crackers. Other than that, my advice is try bland foods - mashed potatoes, noodles without sauce, soups, bread. I found I also got sick more when I would try to drink too much at once or if I drank while eating. Try popsicles for hydration and relief - they were a Godsend to me (I liked the plain red/orange/purple sugar free ones). Other than that, try sucking on a hard candy. Hope you feel better soon!
  • Might not go away until 20 weeks. Eat small frequent meals. Basic first tri stuff.
  • Loading the player...
  • hope you are feeling better soon
    Be the Change.
    Make no assumptions
    Take nothing personally
    Be impeccable with your word
    Do your best

• 17.5 and just started feeling better. I agree with @Miz_Liz...for me the foods always changed but I had to just think really hard about what sounded good in that moment. Definitely felt worse when I was hungry, and felt better when I was active (gym, walk, hike, whatever). Popsicles and hard candies helped when I got super nauseous, too. Good luck and stay strong!
  • I'm right there with you. 16 weeks along. I've never had any sickness before and this is #3 for me, so it has been particularly irritating! Life savers help curb nausea
  • Yep! I'm 16.5 and I just threw up again yesterday. I do take Zofran when it's bad. I've been sick since week 5. The worse was 7/8 weeks and 14 weeks. Sigh.... I'm holding out for week 20 to be the magic number.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • start eating early around 7-8am too much sleep triggers it sometimes and then u can go back to bed but try that every morning to eat early... ;)
  • I'm 15 weeks and even though I was throwing up consistently since week 5 I am still getting nauseous in the mornings. I also take zofran since I had HG but I wouldn't consider that's what it still is since the pain is tolerable now. Eat when your hungry. Dont n force it or it will come right back up. I agree try not to keep your stomach empty... it makes it worse. Try cold foods... nothing hot. Hopefully it'll be over for you soon. Good luck!
  • edited February 2015

my morning sickness was more like all day and a night sickness for the first 14 weeks. In the past 3 weeks it has definitely eased, but I still get very nauseous and sometimes throw up after I eat, but it is nowhere near as bad as it was. I seem to get a wishy washy stomach in the morning and the afternoon the most. I always keep saltines nearby because they really help. :)

Always hold on to hope ❤
  • I have also found the Carnation Bfast shakes first thing when I get up are gentle going down (and coming back if it gets to that) and are quick/easy to get something in my stomach right away. I buy the premade chocolate ones and keep them in the fridge so they are cold.
  • Im in the same boat, 17 weeks and if i dont take my Zofran I can't keep anything down, still losing weight so my doctor suggested i take vitamin b6 50 mg 3 times a day and a unisom tablet at night before i go to bed, you could try that if you dont want to take any actual drugs.. (: hope this helps!
  • 17w1d and dry heaving in the grocery store parking lot last night. Why does this keep happening. Hang in there! I do take Zofran but think B6 helps too - I seem to be better when I remember to take it.
  • I'll be 17 weeks tomorrow just started feeling better. I feel the same way about medication I prefer not to take it. My doctor prescribed zofran for me as well but I'm too afraid to take it. It seems I'm mostly sick when I'm hungry so I try to keep something light in my stomach. It does get better just try to hang in there.
  • I'm 16 weeks and still getting sick too. Almost nothing has helped. I'm also very concerned with taking meds for it (I used to work for one of the law firms that was handling the anti-depressant caused birth defect cases so I found out about a lot of scary things with pregnancy). The two things that really seem to help are Emetrol, which is almost like soda in terms of the ingredients except without the caffeine, and Diclegis. Diclegis is a category a drug and the research showed that lab animals that took 4 times more than the highest clinical dose and had premature births had some heart defects. However it is also common for premature babies to have the same defect because of prematurity. Otherwise there were no issues in full term babies and didn't show defects until they started dosing several hundred times the highest clinical dose.

I hope this helps :-)
  • I'm 16 weeks 4 days and until yesterday I was very sick. It was to the point where I cried because I could not hold anything down and everything seemed to hurt (stomach and head). I had my doctor appointment yesterday and I discussed my symptoms with my doctor. Turns out it was not just morning sickness, but Acid Reflux. The acid reflux was what was making me so queasy and sick everyday and after every meal. My doctor said I could take Tums or Zantac with no issues or concerns for baby. DH did some research online as well, since he likes to get multiple opinions, and all agreed they're ok for baby. I took a Zantac pill yesterday and I am feeling so much better! I plan to take it as needed. I'm hoping the reflux goes away on its own. No food or dietary change made any difference. I ate sweet things, sour things, stopped eating all spicy food (even though I crave it), stopped dairy, but nothing made a difference.
  • 17 weeks and still throwing up here :( I take diclectin (vitamin B and antihistamine combo - I live in canada) Worked a bit for my 1st pregnancy (2013) but was still sick off and on the whole time. This time is a little different as I'm also getting really bad headaches. Anyone getting headaches as well?
  • I am at 17 weeks and still very sick as well. Lots of nausea and sickness usually early morning and late in the day. I too experience headaches every so often.
  • edited March 2015
    I stopped  throwing  up around  14w but i just wanted to say in my opinion  having  symptoms  is a curse  and a blessing  at least you  feel  pregnant    and know  some activity  is going  on  
  • Disregard  my comment  everything  i said wont show  up in my post and im too  lazy to write  it again lol. I hope you moms feel better  soon i know it sucks not  feeling  like yourself  hang  in there
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"