March 2015 Moms

So much poop!

ok, ladies.
I am 35w3d, dilated to a 2, 50%effaced, and I cannot stop pooping! Ok, that's an exaggeration, but when I do have a BM, its always loose. My doctor has told me that's a sign the labor is imminent but really I've had this going on for about a week! Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Re: So much poop!

• i'm wishing for poop! good luck to you and yours ;)
  • This post title seriously made me laugh out loud :)) I have good and bad days with pooping right now, haha.Good luck if you go into labor!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Lol yay! I poop all the time. No signs. But i have never pooped so much in my life!
  • I don't have to go very often (once or twice per day) but for about 3 weeks now any BM I do have is very lose. It's kind of a nice change for me bc I've suffered from bad constipation for about 2 years now...not being able to go is way worse in my opinion lol
  • OMG I have been pooping like 6 times a day for the past two (now starting on day three). Not watery, but super soft and gross. I actually was just about to call my doctor to say WTH, but I'm kinda embarrassed since I know it can just be a normal symptom of late pregnancy!
  • I'm on so much iron that pooping is no fun. Thanks for the laugh though. 
  • Enjoy pooping now. Won't feel so good after baby is born :)
  • I thought it was just me !
    It's a nice change !
  • I definitely thought I was the only one. For the past probably over 3 weeks I can't stop! I never had problems being constipated during my pregnancy but now it is really loose and I really hope it means labor is coming soon.
  • I would actually love to be able to poop right..because my iron pills make me.so constipated its not funny...theres days i will skip a pill so i actually can poop.. :))
  • Jealous, as I barely get to go a few times a week, and it's with a lot of effort! (High fiber, lots of fluids, colace and miralax!)
    I will say that I probably pooped 15 times the night my water broke with my first! I was sooooo glad because I felt confident I wouldn't poop during labor! It was like my body naturally cleaned itself out haha!
  • Oh man. I kinda wish I had your problem. Haha. Constipation city over here :(
  • I am definitely pooping a bit more and it's looser. I'm 38w5d. I figured it was a prelabor sign too. In any case, definitely prefer it over the constipation I had from all the Zofran I took in the 1st and 2nd tri!
  • Yep! At end you gotta poop a lot!
  • I'm glad you guys can talk about this ! It's not bad... But everytime I eat it's gone in an hour. Such a nice relief from all the constipation !
  • My stomach's been upset off and on for the last week. I have IBS so unfortunately that's normal for me when not pregnant but typically my stomach feels good during pregnancy.

I will say that with my second dd I got terrible diarrhea in the middle of the night and then my water broke that morning.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Glad I'm not in this alone!! You ladies are great! :)
  • I have had diarrihea the last three nights, I'm 39 weeks & 1cm dialeted. Getting a little sick of it but hoping it means baby is on the way soon!
  • I have had this too, so I did call about it. The nurse said it can be a good sign that labor is coming soon, but it could also mean that I was dehydrated. I told her that I drink water like a fish, so I figure labor might be around the corner!
  • I am with pretty much everyone right now... I'm 37 weeks 5 days and my dr told me yesterday "it's all about the progression toward labor and you are gearing up."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"