1st Trimester
Options

How often do you exercise?

I know it's good to exercise while you're pregnant, and I am fairly active. I enjoy walking and jogging, but I'm scared of overdoing it. How often do you exercise? Is walking/jogging a couple of miles of day too much?

imageimage

O'15 September Siggy Challenge -- Third Trimester Woes

Re: How often do you exercise?

• Options
    Your body will tell you when enough is enough.
  • Options
    I exercise 3-4 times a week doing Crossfit style workouts.  Granted, it's but more like Crossfit Ultra-lite, but still pretty intense and my Dr. and midwife both said it was OK as long as I was continuing the same as I was before being pregnant.  Just don't try to push harder and listen to your body as ipumpkin said.   
    <Pregnancy Ticker>
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You are able to do anything you did before being pregnant aside from a few things like riding horses. Remember you are pregnant, not made of glass. Just keep hydrated and listen to your body.
  • Options
    I teach group fitness classes three to four times a week (cardio based) and then take another two to three in addition to that (mix of cardio, strength and yoga).  I'm starting to sense a difference already and listen to my body when I need to take it down or break between track.  I hope to keep teaching as long as I can, taking it down a notch or three to much lower impact and intensity.  I can't wait to tell my classes because I know they'll know something is up before I can say anything based on my impact and energy level.  AND I drink water ALL the time. So much thirstier!!!
  • Options
    I honestly don't feel the energy to workout and that's because before getting pregnant I worked out at least 5 times a week 2 hours a day. I don't have any motivation except on a few days maybe like 5 times a month. I still lift and jog the same weights and speeds and stuff but usually only lasting 30 minutes to a hour. Like others have said i am cleared to do everything i did before just not any extra. Of course i had to stop taking supplements and I so miss my preworkout. Even with cutting down my workouts I have only gained like 5 pounds and I'm currently 21 weeks a few days.
  • Options
    I have been trying to do different things so I don't get too tired: barre on Monday, weight lifting and running on Tuesday, yoga and Zumba on wednesday, swimming on Thursday, weight lifting and running on Friday. I rest on the weekends. And if I'm too tired, I'll skip a workout.
    CafeMom Tickers

• Options
    I use to run a lot, but my knees aren't what they use to be. I walk 2-4 miles every other day or more if I'm not too tired. Also lifting weights to maintain strong arms and legs. Nothing overpowering that may strain a muscle. Also found that this keep me feeling happier as my body changes. All good changes!!!!
  • Options
    I used to run long distance, about 4-8 miles. Before I knew I was pregnant I was getting frustrated after a few runs because my times were getting slower and I was coming home more exhausted. Then the nausea hit me plus really bad constipation (TMI, sorry!). I haven't exercised the past few weeks trying to get my body feeling better. I'd also like to hear how anyone has coped with exercising through symptoms!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I work in a daycare, so I do chase children all day, however I wasn't very active outside of work before my BFP. I'm trying to gently begin an at home exercise routine myself. From what I understand, low impact, moderate activity is fine. I started with 30 minutes a week, upping it then to twice a week, and hopefully eventually three times a week. At the moment I stretch and ride a stationary bike. I intend to work my way up to the elliptical for a better full body workout. I think if you were already pretty active it's usually safe to continue being active as long as it's non contact and not dependent on balance.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"