Trying to Get Pregnant

New & long cycles post BCP

Hello all! I stopped the pill in November, and so far have only had two periods due to my longer cycles (40 and 48... I know they could be much longer). I am hoping they will shorten up, but it's not looking like they will anytime soon. I am currently on CD 27 and still waiting for O. This process has really tested my patience, but I am remaining hopeful! In the meantime I joined this community to learn more about my body and maybe even ease my nerves a bit.

Re: New & long cycles post BCP

• Long cycles don't really mean you'll have any trouble conceiving. I conceived my son on 45 day cycles. You just have to make sure sex is frequent.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Do you temp? I've consistently O'd on CD 23-33 prior to my son. I didn't ovulate until CD90 last cycle, but I am breast feeding (so different ball game).

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I have been off BCP for about a year (march 2014) and haven't had a cycle less than 45 days. One cycle was 105 days. The fact that you are at least having cycles is good. I don't think cycle length matters in terms of TTC. I think all that matters is you're actually having them. It takes a while after BCP for your body to figure things out.
  • kit9452kit9452 member
    edited February 2015
    Thank you for your response. It's reassuring to know that it's possible to conceive on longer cycles. I was getting worried when all I would see is a 28-35 day cycle being the norm.
    I am currently not temping, but have purchased a BBT thermometer after doing some research. I am using OPKs this cycle, but if we are not successful I will start temping right off the bat next cycle.
  • My cycles were between 30 to 60 days. I ovulated on cycle day 18 to cycle 40.
    Charting helped keep me sane to know where I was in my cycle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"