October 2015 Moms

2nd pregnancy after miscarriage, spotting!!!

jbaron89jbaron89 member
edited February 2015 in October 2015 Moms
Hello, I had a miscarriage last year around 6 weeks. I started to experience spotting, and I thought it was normal. I did a hcg test and it didn't double it only increase by a little bit. I then had an ultrasound and there was no growth. Later that week i had a D/C. Now after a year of trying I finally got pregnant! About 3 days ago I experienced brown spotting again, similar to what happened to me last year. I am terrified. I started crying and immediately called the doctor. I went in for blood work and my hcg levels were 5,906. This morning I will go again and see if they double. I am praying that it increases, because I am still spotting. And i wont know the results intil Monday. The nurse said I can request and ultrasound but it may be to early. Has anyone ever had this experience. Please help. : (

Re: 2nd pregnancy after miscarriage, spotting!!!

• I've been spotting since I found out I was expecting, and the Dr said everything looks normal! He called it implantation bleeding. Also would occur worse after any sort of strain because the cervix is tender.
  • The the thing I'm nervous about is this is what happened last year. My spotting didn't stop for over a week. I think I just need to relax and think postive. Thank you : )
  • Loading the player...
  • I was spotting for about a week as well, my doctor checked it our and all is well. He did check my progesterone levels as well - which were low. So he prescribed me a progesterone supplement and the spotting has since stopped. Sending good vibes to you and I hope all is well. I've had 2 miscarriages, I know the panic you're feeling right now. Try to stay positive and relaxed (which, I know, is almost impossible!).

BabyFruit Ticker
  • It is definitely worrisome, and I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I'm spotting daily and had a MC in November, so I understand the stress!
  • Thank you ladies. I'm on my way now to get my second hcg done. I'm praying for the best.
  • Boy, have I been there! Last Jan DH and I finally got pregnant after TTC for 5 yrs and seeing a fertility doc. At our 8 wk visit there was no baby on US and I misscaried a wk later. Found out I was pregnant again about 1 mo ago, but then at 7 was I had bleeding (not just a little spotting) and assumed it was all over, again. When I didn't progress to heavy bleeding and cramping, I decid to go to the ER about 24 hrs later. I got the best news, baby looks fine w/ good heartbeat, and I just had a small sub-chorionic bleed. Have since had my 8 wk first OB visit w/ US and all is still looking good.
    Hang in there, it's a wild ride.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"