LGBT Parenting
Options

Progesterone cream?

In case anyone is still checking here.....We had our second IUi today. Now I have to start using a progesterone cream for the next two weeks. Have anyone else used it? Advice on application/side effects? Does my partner have to be careful not to get any on her?

Re: Progesterone cream?

• Options
    I used the progesterone suppostories. I don't recall any side effects aside from the "icky factor." I used a thin pad during the time I was using them.

good luck!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Progesterone cream raises your progesterone only a minimal amount if any at all. If you bought it over the counter then it most likely has more of a placebo effect. If you are having any issues with low progesterone, perhaps with a shortened luteal phase, you are significantly better off talking to an RE about progesterone suppositories. I would not worry too much about it getting on your partner.

A & K, married 7/1/13.

After 10 months of ttc via medicated IUIs and two early losses, we finally got our boys- Perfect premie twins born 5/27/14.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for your comments! You all have always been so nice and supportive. I really appreciate it.

I should have said it's a suppository. Think it's standard at our RE's office to prescribe if after an IUI. I have to use it until the blood test after the TWW. Then if it's positive, I think he said you continue using it your first ultrasound. But that's jumping ahead. We'll see.
  • Options
    Oh okay!! The suppositories work great but they can be yucky a couple hours after insertion. Wear a panty liner!

A & K, married 7/1/13.

After 10 months of ttc via medicated IUIs and two early losses, we finally got our boys- Perfect premie twins born 5/27/14.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"