August 2015 Moms
Options

no idea on baby names

I really  have  no clue about what  I  want  to  name  my baby boy or girl anyone  else feeling  a tiny bit stressed about  names i feel like I've  heard every  name in the world lol  and i just  want  something  unique  but not too unusual  i think i might be thinking  to hard on this 
Anyone  have  some  name ideas they want to give up  

Re: no idea on baby names

• Options
    Names are tough and should be given great consideration. My baby name book gives a great tip: 'remember that you're not just naming a baby. You're naming a person who will grow to become an adult. So give them a good name befitting an adult as they'll hopefully spend many more days as an adult than a baby.' (Total paraphrase as I don't have the book in front of me at the moment).

We only named one of our children before her birth, before conception actually. My four other children were named after they were born. It may take up to the last moment but you'll get there!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, let yourself take a break from thinking about it. You really have plenty of time. Once the pressure is off for a while it will be clearer
    Trigger Warning (LC and loss) -- 
    Married May 2008 
    Beautiful daughter Alyssa born April 23, 2011 
    Precious son Isaac born at 34 weeks in April 27, 2014 with Potters Syndrome Type 4 and Down Syndrome - trusted into the arms of Jesus after 3 hours.
    Pregnant again! Due August 8, 2015 please be healthy, little one!

(results on 2/4/15 showed no Down's and it's a girl!) Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Look for name that has meaning .
  • Options
    Thank you  ladies  this  kinda helps me 
  • Options
    I am in the same boat. So I am putting it aside for a bit. We wrote down some names we like and will visit it again later. Allow yourself time. You will choose the perfect name.
  • Options
    I also have a baby shower idea tell me if anyone  thinks  its a good one.
    So if i cnt figure out a name and my SO doesn't  have a name we both  agree on
    I was thinking  of putting  the letting in the Alphabet  in a bowl  picking out one letter
    And having  all the people at  my shower give me names starting with that letter i think that  would  be  fun whether  i get a name i like or not

But yall are right im just  going to let the name come to me no need in stressing something  that  suppose to be fun
  • Options
    This is a great place to poke around for names. It let's your search for names that start with or end with a certain mix of letters and pick out syllables. I find this helpful because I want names similar to DH or mine with out sounding too matchy. Also this site doesn't acknowledge made up uneek names.
    Be the Change.
    Make no assumptions
    Take nothing personally
    Be impeccable with your word
    Do your best

• Options
    I am totally feeling your pain because I have no idea what i am going to name my baby be it a boy or girl.....i am almost to the point where I will name him or her when i see him/her face....i knw that sounds bad but i just cant think of a name i dont want no super common one or far put there one man i am just stuck.....i thought about Josiah for a boy but my husband doesn't like it....lol this is horrible....lol
  • Options

I also have a baby shower idea tell me if anyone  thinks  its a good one.

So if i cnt figure out a name and my SO doesn't  have a name we both  agree on
    I was thinking  of putting  the letting in the Alphabet  in a bowl  picking out one letter
    And having  all the people at  my shower give me names starting with that letter i think that  would  be  fun whether  i get a name i like or not

But yall are right im just  going to let the name come to me no need in stressing something  that  suppose to be fun

I really like that idea

• Options
    We didn't pick a name for our first until 8 months or so. I don't have any clue for the second!

My advice is to wait until you know if it is a boy or girl. Then you and the father can start making lists of your favorite names. Eventually come up with your top dozen names, rank them top tier, second choice, third. Then compare your lists. See if you have any similar names.

My husband was adamant that one of us should have a name from their top tier, not to settle on a second choice even though te second choice was on both lists. I didn't care as much so I picked the name I liked best from his top tier of names. It wasn't a name I would have come up with, but it grew on me.
  • Options
    We haven't even really talked about names yet (this is our second child). We are waiting to find out what we are having then we will really start to talk names. I'm not worrying about it just yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Yea i should  wait till i know the sex trying to think of names for both sex is overwhelming. i think i might find out the  sex of the baby tomorrow  if my baby is developed  enough  i got a new doctor  so hopefully  if he does  an ultrasound  my baby is showing  then ill tell DF and friends  and  see what comes up in the next 5m2w
  • Options
    We are having a hard time figuring out any boy name since we already have 2 boys. If its a girl, we have a name (after my sister who passed away). We are not agreeing on any boy namss, so we have decided to table the discussion until we find out so we can avoid some disagreements.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"