June 2015 Moms
Options

Fitness Moms Check-in

Since there's some interest in restoring what we used to know as normality to the board, how is everyone doing with their exercise?

I'm still maintaining my 5-6 (usually 5) days a week. I go to the gym before work and either take a class, hit the treadmill, lift weights or do yoga. I modify where I need  to, and I've definitely slowed down some, but I'm still plugging along at my pre-pregnancy routine. I'm tickled I can still bend down and touch the floor, or my toes while sitting, because I can tell that's going to get iffy at some point. I think that's really helped me keep my energy levels some semblance of "up" and just helping me continue to feel good!

So let's here it, who's still getting their fitness in? Do you need help or motiviation, maybe we can give you some ideas! Even just getting out there and taking a 20 minute stroll can do wonders for you, mentally and physically (as long as your doctor is ok with physical activity!)
Diane
First Timer!
EDD: 6-13-15
Me: 34 Hubs: 37

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage
                                                                Jean-Luc                                   Unna       

Re: Fitness Moms Check-in

• Options
    @finchfeeder80 you're amazing girlfriend! This week I'm finally back to a reasonable working week so I'm hoping I can accommodate a few days back at the gym!!
  • Options
    I'm doing a shitty job! I did walk for 35 minutes yesterday...started out fast but slowed down at the end. I'm also doing about 30 minutes of my Pilates video 2 times a week...I need to do it WAY more. After work the couch looks so appealing
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks, @thepalendromicone! I feel like I worked way too hard to get where I was before getting pregnant, it would be a shame to sit on my butt for months on end and throw it all away! Plus I keep telling myself it has to help me with delivery and recovery. Hopefully. Even just a couple of days is great, I think! Good luck!

@amccoy129, three days a week is great! Half an hour of walking is usually my cutoff before I have to run to find a bathroom- my poor bladder! I've never been speedy, but I have to keep it under a 20 minute mile these days. The higher impact makes me feel like I have to pee asap, and I have had a couple of times where I felt a little lightheaded at faster speeds. So I keep the treadmill between a 2.5-2.7 these days. I figure, steps are steps. I've thought about picking up a video for the weekend days where I don't feel like leaving the house. I'll have to try and remember to check out Verizon's on demand offers, they may have some prenatal work outs too. Even just some stretching would be great for a rest day. Keep up the good work!
    Diane
    First Timer!

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage

• Options
    You are doing amazing... I haven't done anything but walk since I found out I was Prego... My DH is to paranoid that something might happened to the baby, It took us 6 years of actively trying everything to get pregnant... So I have been trying to respect his wishes and just keep to walking(no jogging) and stretching... It is driving me nuts not to be in the gym, or doing something more productive... 4 more months and I will start  Jamie Eason's Post-Pregnancy Trainer, Can't wait!!!!!
  • Options
    @cyndy73- walking is GREAT! I only walk now, too. I was trying to learn to be a runner, but that's on hold until after June. Basically, I keep it fairly low impact. My hubs isn't thrilled, but for now he's keeping his mouth shut! If it had taken us 6 years, I'd hate to see how much more overprotective he'd be! Keep up the great work- walking is excellent exercise!
    Diane
    First Timer!

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage

• Options
    I have done absolutely nothing :(
    Although, I did ask DH to bring my exercise bike in from the garage (where it's been since we moved in almost 2 years ago!) so I guess that's an "effort" haha! Still waiting on him to bring it in... 

I would love to walk but it's been so cold and everywhere is too icy to be safe.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Options
    MamaBish said:
    I have done absolutely nothing :(
    Although, I did ask DH to bring my exercise bike in from the garage (where it's been since we moved in almost 2 years ago!) so I guess that's an "effort" haha! Still waiting on him to bring it in... 

I would love to walk but it's been so cold and everywhere is too icy to be safe.
    I ride the exercise bike at the gym a lot too. The recumbent one is sometimes uncomfortable, I feel like my thighs are squishing my poor tummy, so I end up kicking the recline back more than I would normally. But I figure something is better than nothing. Some days are just crappy for exercise and I just have to be happy I tried.

I definitely stay inside right now, too. I'm very much looking forward to the time change and hopefully warm weather soon so I can go for a walk when I get home from work. I know my back would appreciate it. 
    Diane
    First Timer!

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage

• Options
    I'm a lazy butt, too. I did not exercise before Ewok and was just too wiped 1st trimester to do more than sleep. I did sign up for twice weekly swimming aerobics at the Y starting in Jan, but I've had to miss the past two weeks because of car issues (its in the shop right now! Should be able to go again on Wednesday!). It is also too icy outside here to walk safely. But when I work I'm on my feet and constantly walking back and forth and bending and squatting for hours so I consider that exercise, too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mellymar said:
    I'm a lazy butt, too. I did not exercise before Ewok and was just too wiped 1st trimester to do more than sleep. I did sign up for twice weekly swimming aerobics at the Y starting in Jan, but I've had to miss the past two weeks because of car issues (its in the shop right now! Should be able to go again on Wednesday!). It is also too icy outside here to walk safely. But when I work I'm on my feet and constantly walking back and forth and bending and squatting for hours so I consider that exercise, too.
    I would love to be able to swim. My gym doesn't have a pool, and I can't find an affordable option. I've always loved swimming, hope you get to make it to your classes, sounds like it should be a blast!
    Diane
    First Timer!

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage

• Options
    Its totally fun. And that lady gets us working. Heart rate and breathing go up and I can feel all my oxygenated blood moving around. I'm starving after and sleep like a dream once (class is from 7-8pm) I go home and eat.
    That really sucks about not having a pool. I love swimming too. Bonus, the Y also offers 'shrimp dip' classes for parent and kids as young as 6m. Ewok is going swimming next winter!
  • Options
    I have been doing a prenatal yoga class that ends this wed I'm kind of sad! Went to the gym two days ago And walked for 45 mins and my cafs are still sore. I haven't done much seeing how I broke my foot at my wedding in august, and found out I was pregnant a month or so later.
  • Options

finchfeeder80  My husband I were both doing the C25K before I got pregnant and that was a really good way to start jogging... Of course it is so hot down here that I did half of it at the gym on the treadmill... I will start that up again post pregnancy as well...

I have to black Labs so they help me get motivated to at least take short walks =) They can be very annoying if they don't get their outside time.

• Options
    @cyndy73 I was working through C25k as well. Once I'm ready to get back to it, I think I'm just going to start slow and at the beginning and ease on back into it. I've already gone ahead and given up my 2015 race season, so there's no pressure to go back in full force!
    Diane
    First Timer!

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage

• Options
    Still doing 4-5 days a week in the gym plus walking my dog several times a day. I've definitely slowed down at the gym, but still trekking along!
    I have struggled finding cute maternity gym clothes. Annoying!
  • Options
    @alcrimmins Old Navy! I got two pairs of pants and two cute tops there! I need to get a couple more to see me through the week. Right now I'm just rotating. I usually wear a XXL in their regular work out stuff, and I'd have to say, I think I could have easily worn an XL. I think the maternity work out stuff is only online, but I definitely plan on getting more. 
    Diane
    First Timer!

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage

• Options
    edited February 2015
    I'm doing a horrible job. I did buy some weights so I could at least do the routines that are recommended by the Bump... and I think I've done them like 3 times. I do Kegels when I think about it (which isn't often). The one thing I have going for me is that I'm in grad school, which requires me carrying a semi-heavy bag (I try not to overdo it) from my car to the building where I have class, which is about a 10 minute walk each way, so that gets me 20 minutes of cardio each day that I'm at school. I'm hoping to walk more around my neighborhood once the weather gets nicer, but for now I'm afraid of slipping on ice. But yeah, I suck at exercise. I always have. Kudos to those of you who are keeping up with it!
  • Options
    I've been doing about 180 min a week:  

- 60 min of advanced prenatal yoga
    - 70 min of prenatal barre
    - 55 min of Fushion Bump (which is intense as hell).  

I used to run but once i hit Month 4, I felt like i had to pee with every step i took.  I occasionally walk for 45 min (to replace some of the at home aerobics). However, with the cold weather in NYC, I've been stuck in my living room.  My hands have been become numb (mostly my fingers)...I know this is a common pregnancy symptom, especially with the extra blood flow...so I'm trying to figure out how I can stay off my hands for while (down ward dogs, etc)....anyone else having a problem with their hands?
  • Options
    I was good up until last week when we had about a foot of snow and some ice. Before then I was running 30 minutes 4 days a week during my 2nd trimester. Was going to start walking instead of running at the beginning of March since I will be 3 months out and my belly is starting to take over. So hopefully this week I can get a few more runs in because I always feel better after.
  • Options
    I lift weights 4 days a week followed by 20 min cardio. I usually just do 45min on 5th day. I wear a polar heart rate monitor as well. I def do not lift as heavy as I was, I just do what I can! To the ladies that don't lift weights, it's ok! Just get out and try to walk or do some lunges, squats, leg lifts at home with or without weights :) My Instagram is FitBrittLayne if you want to follow me!
  • Options
    Very Nice... What is Fushion Bump?
  • Options
    I'm hitting the gym about 4 days a week. Usually 2-3 miles of walking and I mix in weights. I miss lifting heavy weights though! I dropped everything roughy in half.

Hope I can keep this up! I'm having twins so it's getting heavier and harder to walk with this weight on the front!
  • Options

I've been doing about 180 min a week:  

- 60 min of advanced prenatal yoga
    - 70 min of prenatal barre
    - 55 min of Fushion Bump (which is intense as hell).  

I used to run but once i hit Month 4, I felt like i had to pee with every step i took.  I occasionally walk for 45 min (to replace some of the at home aerobics). However, with the cold weather in NYC, I've been stuck in my living room.  My hands have been become numb (mostly my fingers)...I know this is a common pregnancy symptom, especially with the extra blood flow...so I'm trying to figure out how I can stay off my hands for while (down ward dogs, etc)....anyone else having a problem with their hands?
    My hands bother me here and there. I got dangerously close to full blown carpal tunnel a few years ago and this whole being pregnant thing seems to have agitated it.
    Diane
    First Timer!

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage

• Options
    Thanks for restarting this- I needed some encouragement this week. 
    I'm still keeping up 6 days a week, but I've slowed down way more than "some". My motivation has waned significantly - I just don't enjoy working out like I used to. My body just feels so awkward, I'm huffing and puffing constantly and I'm missing my usual variety (ie., mountain biking is out). Keep reminding myself that it's only temporary. 

Glad to see other ladies still doing weights. As my belly grows, I'm definitely getting some major side-eye when I hit the weights at the gym... try to keep my earbuds in and avoid eye contact, as I would really like to avoid the unsolicited advice/comments - even though I've prepared myself with some comebacks :) 
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Options
    Cyndy73 said:
    Very Nice... What is Fushion Bump?
    @Cyndy73, it's an intense prenatal workout (light weights, bands) which is similar to that of the dream body series.  It's VERY intense...I'm def slow at it...it has you boxing with weights, walking planks etc. If you're up for the challenge, I recommend it.  I know there are times when I literally curse at the instructor for making it so hard!
  • Options
    I'm at 6 days a week with at least 45 mins to an hour a day most weeks. Still doing Jillian and t25 dvd's have to do the moderator version but still very effective. I lift weights or lunges on the ab parts. Wish the weather would get warmer so I could get my 45 min walk back in the mix too. I def have spring and cabin fever!
  • Options
    Yay!!!! Got permission from doc today to start moderately exercising! Now if this crappy weather would improve...:)
  • Options
    When I jog, my belly button hurts. Anyone else experience this? Doesn't when on the elliptical. So weird
  • Options
    Made it back to the gym today! Hip hip hooray!... only made time for some brisk walking... couldn't fathom a jog but may try later this week
  • Options
    I knew I shouldn't have peeked into this thread... I feel like such a lazy toad right now.
  • Options
    I've built up to a 45 min Tracy Anderson video 3-5 times per week plus 3 x 45 min walks. I occasionally do yoga and am just about to go back to the gym for Principal Pilates.
  • Options
    Made it back to the gym today! Hip hip hooray!... only made time for some brisk walking... couldn't fathom a jog but may try later this week
    WOO HOO!! I just did 30 minutes on the treadmill this morning. Just a walk, though, nothing fancy. I've had to start bringing a book with me now that I've slowed down. It's soooooooo boring!
    Diane
    First Timer!

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage

• Options
    I am in a strength training class three days a week, do a spin/yoga combo once a week, and then fit in yoga, dog walks/runs when I can. I can't wait for the weather to clear up as I hate running on a treadmill, but also don't want to go too far in between a run for fear that I won't be able to all of a sudden. I'm 24 weeks tomorrow and haven't had any issues with running just yet...hope that remains the same. I'm in a wedding two weeks before my due date so I need to at least keep my arms and back in shape so I don't feel utterly huge everywhere...
  • Options
    Still coaching and doing CrossFit 5-6 days a week. I feel great. I've hadn't modify a few things, but heavy weighs still feel good.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I do yoga once a week, go to the gym twice a week that includes weights & at least 20 mins on the treadmill, walk the dog for 2 mi on Sat & Sun. Then I try to walk the dog on the weekdays when I don't go to the gym but I like the hubs to go with me because it's dark out still after work and he's in grad school so he's not always available. I want to fit in a swim but not sure if I want to spend that much time at the gym!
  • Options
    Still rowing (although legs are getting closer to belly), lifting some, and doing yoga. Walk lots and I do air squats randomly all day. Gotta work that pelvic floor :)
  • Options
    I've been doing yoga, aquafit and cross country skiing. It's been really cold in Eastern Ontario, but now that the days are getting longer we're hoping to get outside more often. The snow is going to start to melt before we know it!!!

Go girls!!
  • Options
    When I'm on the treadmill, bike or elliptical, I find that my tummy feels extremely tight... like a pulled muscle, anyone else?

I'm going 2-4 times a week, doing moderate cardio for 20-30 minutes then usually playing on the machines for 15-20 minutes.

It's not much, but I'm trying. It doesn't feel great while in working out, but I usually feel really good afterwards.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"