April 2015 Moms

Braxton Hicks Contractions

I'm currently 32 weeks and 1 day pregnant. I've read thatI should be having Hicks Contractions and they should be getting more intense but I haven't had them yet. Am I just a lucky one or should I be worried?? :-/ :-?

Re: Braxton Hicks Contractions

• Never had them with my son. Consider yourself lucky!
  • I have had a few BH contractions but nothing more.

Brooke Elizabeth born Feb 17, 2013 grew wings May 9, 2013 @ 11 weeks & 4 days old from SIDS

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I'm 33 weeks tomorrow and if say they started about 2 weeks ago, I thought they were baby girl just moving around at first but now that I've gotten more accustom to them I can tell the contractions apart from her movement.
    They haven't been anything intense and I wouldn't even describe them as painful, now that lightening crotch and lightning boob, that takes my breath away!
  • I never had them with my first two. They are definitely more pronounced with each pregnancy.
  • Ugh lightening crotch!!!!
  • I will be 35 weeks tomorrow and I don't think I've had any.
    ~
    Married May 18, 2013
    Expecting our first child April 3, 2015
  • I am nearly 33 weeks and have had BH off and on for the last couple months. I wouldn't worry if your doctor isn't worried. Every pregnancy is different and some people have more BH than others.
  • I'm almost 32 weeks and a FTM so I honestly can't say whether I've had them or not. From what I hear they are painless and just feel like your uterus is tightening, but LO moves around so much sometimes I can't tell if it's him or BH.

FTM & TEAM BLUE!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Consider yourself lucky! Just like my 1st I have been having BH multiple times daily for a few weeks now. Some days more than others.
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • I had really light ones with my first wasn't sure they were even BH, this second time around they are crippling! Okay that's a little exaggerated but they aren't as soft. I spoke to the nurse and she told me due to the barometric pressure from the snow and weather here in MA they are worse. Who would've thought?
  • I'm also in MA! I've had some BHC they mostly just make my stomach feel tight and I feel out of breath for a moment.
  • This is my 3rd pregnancy and 1st time having what I am pretty sure is Braxton Hicks. They hurt! Almost forgot what menstrual cramps felt like till today. @TeenMommie97 they are not something you 'are supposed to have' and BH shouldn't get more intense, but regular contractions should and do. Hope that helps
  • You probably are having contrctions even though you might not notice them. My first pregnancy was high risk so I had a good deal of NSTs in the weeks leading up to our baby's birth. It always amazed me to see how much I was contracting during the NSTs, but I really did not feel a thing.
    Baby girl Lila born 2013.
    Baby boy Henry born 2015.
    Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"