February 2015 Moms

Annoyed and over due

I am 41 weeks and 4 day pregnant and not comfortable. I have friends who keep asking me for help w things and asking to come over. I keep telling them that today isn't good because I'm uncomfortable! What is wrong w them I'm sooo pregnant why won't they get the hint why do they ask pregnant people for help! What can I do without slapping them or being offensive?

Re: Annoyed and over due

• Almost in the same boat. I just don't respond to the requests. Either don't answer the phone, don't text back, or tell them you can't help. If they're offended then I think you need new friends. I'm passive aggressive so I just ignore them or make up a reason that I'm busy. Most of the time telling them I just don't feel up for it and could you do xyz instead shows that I still care enough to help them solve the dilemma but I'm not up for actually doing it myself. For example, do you have a mutual friend you could suggest they ask instead? If they keep bothering you just stop responding. I have a girlfriend that won't leave me alone, multiple texts to hang out per day, all met with a "no" and so I just had to quit responding.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm the opposite of passive aggressive. Probably why my friends wouldn't even think to ask me for help. My exact response would be "I am 41 weeks and 4 days pregnant and very uncomfortable. On what planet do u
    You think I'm in any position to help anyone?" The last thing you should be concerned about is offending anyone. But hey, that's me. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"