April 2015 Moms
Options

3cm dialated

Hello everyone I just have a quick question yesterday I went to my appt. I am currently 35 weeks. They checked my cervix and said I was 3cm dilated. Has anyone experience this and went fullterm? I am hoping and praying that I will go all the way through . Also when they checked me it hurt really bad and that i spotted and she said that was normal.. Thanks for your help

Re: 3cm dialated

• Options
    What did your doctor say? I'm going to go on a ledge and say everything is ok since they let you leave...

On your dilation question I think plenty of mommas walk around dilated for awhile before they give birth. You are probably fine to go full term or close to it but I am just an Internet person with no experience on this...
  • Options
    kjuryflkjuryfl member
    edited February 2015
    I sat at 3.5cm from 35wks until my induction at 39w1d. Aside from being travel restricted I was able to continue about normal life and never went into labor on my own. Each woman is different though!
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was 2cm and delivered 3 days later.

I don't think you will make it to full term. But on the bright side, you're 35 weeks!!
  • Options
    I was 5 cm for a whole week.  I knew that once something happened I would need to get to the hospital right away (according to my doctor).  But you should be just fine! :) 
  • Options
    It is not so much how dialated you are but more the change in dialation. Some women who have had kids in the past start off the pregnancy already slightly dialated. Others will walk around dialated for weeks. If you were having active contractions and dialated than it would be more indicative of labor. The positive side is you are already 3 out of 10 cm dialated, so when labor does start you only have 7 more cm to go!

• Options
    Every woman is different. Being dated does not mean labor is near. The contraction pains will tell you when labor is near so focus more on those than the current 3cm dilation and judge your "active labor" by the labor pains. When in doubt go get checked :) You may score an extra ultrasound which is always exciting!
  • Options
    With my first I was 3cm at 36 weeks, but didn't deliver until 39 1/7.
  • Options
    I've been 3cm dilated since around 32/33 weeks and having Braxton Hicks. I was monitored in the hospital for four days and they said it wasn't progressing into active labor so I was given the okay to go home. Still feeling fine now at 35 weeks. I guess it's just the way it is for some women. I'm considering myself lucky in the hopes it'll help make labor go a little faster.
  • Options

Thank you all so much for your input and your advices certainly are very appreciated.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"