Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Does your 3 year old do this?

It seems no matter what we do, my 3 old hates the idea of it.  Like I told him as his birthday approached what his party was going to be like and each time I'd mention it he'd scream and say don't want a party.  Everything I tell him about and try to prepare him for what we are about to do he wants nothing to do with it.  Even things he knows, like we are going to visit Mamaw and Papaw today, don't want to do it.  But if we just take him and do something he has fun, but he doesn't want to hear about it lol. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Does your 3 year old do this?

• Options

I don't have any experience with this.  My daughter does best with plenty of notice, lots of reminders & then talking about it at length (lol!)

But perhaps you should stop giving your son advanced notice about events and see if that helps. 

Good luck :)

• Options
    Sometimes my ds does this and then ten minutes later he is wanting to do the exact thing he yelled about hearing and rejected previously!  I don't know if it's him testing his boundaries or showing independence or just being a stubborn pain in the butt or what! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just stop telling him. I'm sure it's just a phase and he's exercising his opinion. I have the opposite problem. If I tell him we have a party in 3 days he will drive me crazy about then. I stopped telling him about any parties, events, etc. to save myself the aggravation. I think he will grow out of it.

• Options
    DD does that to me if she's in a bad mood or super grumpy that day.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I know this thread is from October but YES, my 3 year old does this constantly. NO is his first response to any question, then he changes to yes. It's annoying as shit but oh well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"