May 2015 Moms

Would you be concerned?

We had an ultrasound at my dr's to check my placentas location. While doing the ultrasound The dr did measurements and said everything looked good. I looked down and when I did our baby's face flashed across the screen. My husband got to see her and I did t so he asked if I wanted to go to an elective place and get a 3d one.

We made an appt and the tech did the same measurements my dr did. However she said her head was measuring a week and a few days ahead of her body. Since my dr didn't say anything I'm sure I shouldn't be concerned but I can't help it. Worried this could be a soft market for some sort of issue.

Re: Would you be concerned?

• I wouldn't worry. Ultrasounds after 24 weeks aren't actually that reliable for estimating size and weight. I might bring it up to my doc next time, but until he says to worry I wouldn't.
  • My babies head is measuring a week ahead of her body. Doctor said its no big deal :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh I wouldn't worry about this. No, wait. Yes- I would. Of course. But I don't think YOU should worry. haha. I worry about everything, so I totally get why it would alarm you. But I'd trust the doctor's measurements more. Also, the doctor has to deliver the baby. He would never be negligent because you're his patient- he wouldn't risk his medical license on not following through on a potential problem. So I'd trust your doc.
  • The elective places arent even supposed to be doing measurements as techs arent trained or supposed to be diagnosing/reading the ultrasound. They are trained to take pictures....that is it. Do not worry.....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"