February 2015 Moms
Options

Trying to avoid my induce date!

I'll be getting induced Friday. Any advice on getting things started naturally would be greatly appreciated! No rude comments please. 

Re: Trying to avoid my induce date!

• Options
    Google remedies. Avoid castor oil and nipple stimulation. There are several herbal remedies - check them with a knowledgeable practitioner- in addition to the usual sex, pineapple, walking, exercise balls, spicy foods, eggplant parmesean, etc.
  • Options
    I tried everything to get my labor started! I didn't really think any of it worked. I finally gave up and decided to get a spa pedicure and enjoy my last few days of pregnancy. My water broke walking out from the mall where I got my pedicure. So a nice, relaxing pedicure is my advice:)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Rude comments start labor
    Me: 27
    DH: 28
    Together: 2005
    Married: 2008
    Naming our son after a cartoon character: 2/23/15!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    A prenatal massage where the masseuse spent a great deal of time massaging my ankles apparently sent me into labor the night before my last appointment. The next day I was hooked up to the monitor and my doctor was like, "you're having some pretty good contractions!" I was like, "excuse me?.....contractions....?" She nodded and asked how long I had been feeling them. I assumed they were Braxton Hicks, but apparently not. I was then scheduled to be induced that very night. That was Sunday night to Monday morning. I was induced Monday night!

So you may try a prenatal massage where they massage the heck out of your ankles :-/
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I had a pedicure Saturday, a prenatal massage Sunday and my daughter Monday! I agree with PP's on the pedicure and massage. I'll never know if it's the real reason I went into labor but can't hurt! My massage therapist also pressed on pressure points in the foot and between the thumb and pointer finger that she is normally supposed to avoid in addition to ankles.
    Favorite thing about FALL?  Cooler weather!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    babykoz214babykoz214 member
    edited February 2015
    I walked 2 miles on my treadmill at a slow pace. 45 minutes total on the treadmill. When I got off, I peed right away. My mucus plug broke and contractions started! Got off the treadmill at 6 o'clock, Henry arrived at 3:52 am! It was also my due date when labor began for me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    They've changed my induce date so hopefully I can get things moving naturally!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"