August 2015 Moms

Heartburn!

It's so awful! Wakes me up in the middle of the night... Makes me want to be sick! What do you ladies use to treat it? Going to mention to my doctor on a Monday if my insides don't explode before then!

Re: Heartburn!

• Tums tums and more tums ;)
  • I did tums my first pregnancy, but after a while, it wouldn't touch it. My ob recommended zantac 150. Took that every day my entire last trimester.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My aunt who is a nurse said she drank a whole bottle of mylanta (sp?) in a month lol
  • Thanks guys he only told me tums but they aren't doing much for me!
  • My sister suggested chocolate milk to me, and it seems to work (I'm sure plain milk would work too, but I have a hard time drinking milk).  Seems to help with the burn a bit.  She also swears that there's a huge difference with using skim vs. 2% or whole milk (more fat the better, I guess!)...I have tested that theory yet! 

photo 547272ca-2f78-4a6c-88ce-0afe6fc98419_zps05f67081.jpg
    BFP#1 9/14/2013  ||  EDD 5/25/2014  ||  mmc discovered on 11/1/2013  ||  d&c on 11/6/2013
    BFP#2 12/8/2014  ||  EDD 8/19/2015 || please be our RAINBOW
    **All Welcome**

• I am on Zantac and it is amazing!
  • Zantac! I was on your same boat until yesterday. I thought I was having morning sickness, but after talking to my doctor yesterday I found out it was heartburn. She told me to take Zantac or Tums, but said Zantac would work best. I took one and I feel so much better!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"