Trying to Get Pregnant

Trying to Stay Positive

Hello all! I'm new and I'm really excited about being part of a support group. My husband and I have been ttc for several months now and I'm not sure how many more periods I can endure. It hurts more and more (emotionally) every month I'm not pregnant and I'm not sure how to stay positive anymore. I know positive thinking is a large part of the process so I was just curious what you ladies do to keep your moods lifted.

Re: Trying to Stay Positive

• I do the exact same things I did before TTC: read books, watch TV, exercise & have sex.

Truthfully, being positive is great for your overall well-being, but I don't put a lot of stock in the Sunshine & Rainbows = easier/quicker/more likely to conceive.

Basically, you can happily roll the dice & it's all the same. Find what makes you happy & do it.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I wasn't sure how much sunshine and rainbow type attitudes actually affected ttc. One article says relax another one says it doesn't matter. My head starts spinning when reading what to do/what not to do articles. I'm naturally an anxious high stress level kind of person so it makes me a little nervous reading and hearing "You need to relax"
  • Loading the player...
  • Try to relax. What helps me is hobbies and realizing that it can take up to a year.
  • MyaSch said:

I wasn't sure how much sunshine and rainbow type attitudes actually affected ttc. One article says relax another one says it doesn't matter. My head starts spinning when reading what to do/what not to do articles. I'm naturally an anxious high stress level kind of person so it makes me a little nervous reading and hearing "You need to relax"

Truthfully-- just have sex & live your life. Don't make it complicated.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Remember, it can take a healthy couple up to a year to conceive naturally. I got pregnant on cycle 8 for #1 and cycle 9 for #2.
    If you are not charting, I suggest it
  • I am charting I've just begun cycle 6 and I know it has not been long but I just didn't expect to actually feel this way.
  • Thank you :) I think all n all it is just nice to know I'm not a lone ranger out here with these strange emotions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"