Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Sleep?

how often does your LO sleep at 12weeks? Mine hardly sleeps during the day and only gets about 8 hours broken up during the night. We get maybe 2 hours total during daytime depending on the day. It's rare to get LO to sleep more than 4 hours during the day in total.

Just curios what other moms have/are going through. I worry my LO isn't getting enough :/

Re: Sleep?

• Well it sounds like your LO isn't getting enough but what can you do really? You can try different things (swaddle, white noise, dark room, rocking, etc) but you can't force a baby to sleep. All you can do is make the environment conducive to sleep and hope for the best.

My toddler slept like crap when he was a baby but my daughter (4.5 months old) was sleeping 10-12 hours a night at 12 weeks. For some reason she just slept really good right off the bat, swaddled, and in the RnP.

What are you currently trying with your LO for sleep?

• Waking, bouncing, quiet places, noisy places...everything really. He hates swaddling so that's not an option. He has days where he does sleep well but most often he's so alert that it just doesn't help even if I'm in a dark room, lights off :/
  • Loading the player...
  • MommyMoru said:

Waking, bouncing, quiet places, noisy places...everything really. He hates swaddling so that's not an option. He has days where he does sleep well but most often he's so alert that it just doesn't help even if I'm in a dark room, lights off :/

Are you swaddling tight enough? Sounds weird but every baby fights it.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• 2 of my 4 girls hated swaddling.

What about a bath? Seems to help my 7wk old fall asleep @MommyMoru
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • 2 of my 4 girls hated swaddling.

What about a bath? Seems to help my 7wk old fall asleep @MommyMoru

He loves bath time for sure but he is always happy and awake when we give one :/ and after we finish he usually fusses when I put clothes back on him. I swear I think I have a streaker haha! Gonna be fun this summer for sure. But baths do help sooth him and we give him one every night as part of our bedtime routine usually it's bath, feed, story time/family time, cuddle, sleep. But say time is jus all over the place no matter how hard I try to make a flexible schedule for him :/
  • I know there are mixed opinions about Merlin's Magic sleep suit, but it is totally working for us.  We went from LO waking every 2-3 hrs in the night and I would feed him automatically.  But, we put this on him because he too hates being swaddled-cries/fusses/fights till he's out of it (we even tried the Velcro ones).  Anyway, he is 7 weeks old and I feel like this suit is helping him learn how to sleep through the night and feed more in the day.  So as of 4 nights of use, he slept 5 hrs, feed +4 hrs last night. 

We live in the north and I know some people had issues with babies getting too hot in it down south (Amazon reviews) but it's been great for us!

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My LO isn't a fan of swaddled either, but is getting used to it. We only swaddle her at night.

Is your LO fussy when he isn't sleeping during he day? I wouldn't worry too much about making him sleep if he acts like he doesn't need to.
  • I bought the Halo sleep sack and since using it she has slept 4-5.5hrs the first half of the night. Where she would only sleep 2-3hrs before waking up. I love that thing.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • I use halo sleep sack as well. My daughter fought the swaddle the first couple weeks but likes it now. I had to stick with it and she finally got used to it and it helps so much. She is seeping 3-4 hours during the day and a solid 9 hours at night then eats and sleeps another 2-3 hours.
  • Zipadee zip. Best thing ever.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"