Baby Names

What do you think?

edited February 2015 in Baby Names
DH and I are planning TTC soon and love bouncing names off each other.  Whenever we watch tv, movies, or read books we always discuss the names of the characters and see if we like them.

For a girl we like Nora Mei  (DH is from China btw..)
For a boy we like Caleb Maksym (Middle name in memory of my grandfather)

I sometimes consider Shen for a boy's middle name after FIL.
I also really love Merryn for a girl but DH hates it :(  Oh well.

Re: What do you think?

• I like Nora Mei. As for the boy name, I think it's great that you want to use the middle name to honour your grandfather, but you can still do that with a different spelling. I think just giving him the same name with the same sound is honouring enough, doesn't have to be same spelling.
  • I like Nora Mei. As for the boy name, I think it's great that you want to use the middle name to honour your grandfather, but you can still do that with a different spelling. I think just giving him the same name with the same sound is honouring enough, doesn't have to be same spelling.

I totally understand your thoughts here.  However, my grandfather immigrated from Poland and to me that was a huge part of him.  To me Maxim is not the same as Maksym.
  • Loading the player...
  • Nora Mei is lovely. Caleb Maksym is great too, love Maksym. I don't love the flow with your boy name as much as your girl name, I think I'd prefer a different first name for your boy combo. But they're are both great choices in general
  • Both great and I would keep that spelling in the mn to honor

• Both great choices!
  • I like both of them. 

Not a huge fan of the way Maksym is spelled, but I get that it has meaning for you, and isn't a special spelling.
  • Yeah, haha no worries.  it's a real name/spelling :)  https://www.behindthename.com/name/maksym

I'm glad everyone likes these names!

Sometimes I worry that Nora will get super popular because it has definitely been moving up in the charts.  
  • I think they are both great!
  • antoto said:

Sometimes I worry that Nora will get super popular because it has definitely been moving up in the charts.  

I think it's safe to assume Nora will be popular soon. It's still a great name though!
  • I like Nora Mei for a girl and Shen for a boy.
  • EXL311EXL311 member
    edited February 2015
    I love both names especially Nora Mei.  DD is Evangeline Mei.  I think it makes a gorgeous middle name.

ETA: I also like Shen for a middle name.
    Dee Dee DS Elijah Xin 3/11/05 DD Evangeline Mei 8/24/06
  • 4N6s4N6s member
    Nora and Caleb are great :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"