Baby Names

Lexi? Help!

Looking for opinions/suggestions.
We are having a girl and we keep coming back to Lexi but still can't decide if we love it. My question is: is Lexi ok as a full name or does it need to be a nn? I dislike all the names that Lexi is a nn for, by the way.
Other names we like are Carly, Gabby and a few others but we are pretty stuck! Suggestions?!

Also, I'm a Sara and was one of 7 in my class and would really like something that's not popular!

Re: Lexi? Help!

• I prefer something like Alexa maybe with the nn Lexi

I like it more than Carly and Gabby though
  • We had an old neighbor named Lexi growing up. It honestly never occurred to us that her name had a longer form but I'm sure it must have. Now as a parent I think you would be doing your daughter a service to at the very least give her the option of going by Lexi but having Alexandra or Alexis on her resume. Same goes for Gabby/Gabriella.
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • homediva said:

We had an old neighbor named Lexi growing up. It honestly never occurred to us that her name had a longer form but I'm sure it must have. Now as a parent I think you would be doing your daughter a service to at the very least give her the option of going by Lexi but having Alexandra or Alexis on her resume. Same goes for Gabby/Gabriella.

That's what I was thinking, too. Like I said though, I really don't love any of the names that shorten to Lexi so maybe we will just have to move on!
  • What about Lola or Lila? Full disclosure, we used to call her Sexy Lexy lol.
  • Honestly, Lexi really feels like a nn to me.  And I would want the option of a complete name as an adult... 
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I love Lila! I'll have to run that by DH!
  • It's my mom's name lol!
  • I've always loved Lexi. I almost named our daughter Lexi but it was really popular at the time (12 years ago) so we went with Paige instead. The Alexis/Lexi trend has since died off and you don't hear it as much. I think it's fine as a stand alone name.
  • Other suggestions
    Brynn
    Madison
    Ava
    Corrine
    Callie
    Tessa
    Molly
    Brielle/Bree
  • homediva said:

We had an old neighbor named Lexi growing up. It honestly never occurred to us that her name had a longer form but I'm sure it must have. Now as a parent I think you would be doing your daughter a service to at the very least give her the option of going by Lexi but having Alexandra or Alexis on her resume. Same goes for Gabby/Gabriella.

That's what I was thinking, too. Like I said though, I really don't love any of the names that shorten to Lexi so maybe we will just have to move on!
    Probably for the best. Lexi is a great nickname, but it's not the best full name. Best of luck.
  • I would move on. Lexi sounds juvenile and incomplete, IMO. 

Lila is a lovely choice. I also suggest; Liza or Eliza.
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • I think Lexi is okay as a stand alone name. Alexa nn Lexi is nice too. I'm not a fan of Alexis.
  • I agree it's too nicknamey and every single girl I know that has it even as a nn got sexy Lexi and it got old fast.

• Have you considered Alexa as a full name? I like it better than Alexandra.

Other suggestions based on Lexi and Carly:

Libby (full name Elizabeth), Lila, Lena, Lana, Liza, Callie, Cassie, Cara, Caroline
  • too NNish for my taste.

• I think it needs a full name for sure. I also just find Lexi trashy. I don't know why it has just always rubbed me wrong
  • Alexia?
    Gabriella is beautiful

No periods due to 17 years of ballet and distance running after college.  Zero response to 2 months of Clomid, little response to Letrozole.  IUI left with 9 cysts = too many viable eggs due to age.  On to IVF.  Low dose of all meds still produced 37 mature eggs 12.6.11.  Froze due to overstimulation.  

FET #1.1 1.22.12 BFN.   FET #1.2 2.22.12=GRACE! (and a vanishing twin).  

Grace Katherine born 10.25.12 @ 36w6w 6#14oz 19.5".
    FET #1.3 3.2013 BFN FET#1.4 4.2013 BFN. Never tried a fresh transfer.  Let's try, despite 10 still frozen.  
    ER 6.26.13 27 mature eggs, slight overstim. ET   7.1.13 ectopic, FET 2.1  9.10.14   TRIPLETS!!  

Boys born 3.18.14 @ 29w5d.  Andrew Jack 3#6oz 16", Grant Robert 3#9oz 16", Charles Phillip 3#7oz 17".

• 4N6s4N6s member
    Alexandria nn Lexi is my favorite. I think Lexi as a given name sounds juvenile. Alexis. Alexa. Alexandra.

Naf of gabby. Carly is nms.
  • Lexi reminds me of a stripper to be honest, it just comes across as trashy in my opinion. I like Alexa or Alexis
  • Lexi sounds like a stripper and Carly sounds trashy. I'd go with Alexandra, Alexis or Gabrielle. No nn.
  • edited March 2015
    We named our daughter Lexi because we couldn't agree on a full name. Plus we wanted her to be Lexi not Alex.

We call her Lex for short. She was born January 2014!
    Lilypie - (bDmZ)Lilypie - (SUYh)
    image imageimage

• I know a girl named Lexi - her full name is Alexandra. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"