April 2014 Moms

Broadway (completely off topic)

AmberLiz99AmberLiz99 member
edited February 2015 in April 2014 Moms
My husband and I are planning a trip to NYC for May and want to see two shows while we are there. For one I'm set on the 39 Steps if I can get tickets. The other one dh and I are still deciding on. Below are the ones dh would be willing to go see with me. I'm curious what people would pick from these options or if anyone has seen these shows. (I've seen Les Mis and Phantom, but dh hasn't.)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker

Broadway (completely off topic) 18 votes

Les Miserables
33% 6 votes
Phantom of the Opera
5% 1 vote
Wicked
44% 8 votes
Newsical the musical (off Broadway)
5% 1 vote
Finding Neverland
5% 1 vote
Other (please specify)
5% 1 vote

Re: Broadway (completely off topic)

• I have seen the first 3 and while I loved all of them, I just think les mis is so beautiful, sad, touching it's just too good to miss. On the other hand, the movie is decent, so maybe I take it back.... See wicked, since there's no movie!
  • I too have seen the first 3, and I have seen Les Mis 6 times. Cant get enough of it!

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• Loading the player...
  • I've seen the first two, and I've always wanted to see Wicked, but with the original cast. That ain't gonna happen though. :D I suggest Les Miz or Newsical (haven't heard of that one).

TTC #1 since 2011

Me: 36, anovulatory PCOS; DH: 34, fine

Sophia Juliet conceived through IVF and born April 15, 2014

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I saw Wicked and loved it!
  • I hate Phantom. I've seen it twice because I thought maybe I had missed something, but nope, hated it a second time. I love both Les Mis and Wicked. Maybe depends on your husband's personality? Wicked is a little lighter and funny, so if he hates dramas, maybe that would be better. I haven't seen the others.
  • I've seen them all. Le Miz is very powerful and I think men get more interested in it because of the subject matter. Wicked is just awesome because of the music, but might not hold his attention. I liked Phantom, but after the chandelier scene it's kind of like, ok I get it. I always found it creepy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"