Working Moms
Options

Daycare drop off nightmare

DS just turned 2 and we just got back from an 8 day vacation,, so he was with DH and I 10 days total and we had the best time. Since we got back on Friday, he has been a disaster. He is giving us problems going to bed at night, screaming crying, waking up in the middle of the night (sometimes we dont go in, sometimes we have to).  He is also a nightmare this week at daycare drop off. DH said this morning was the worst he has ever seen him. On Monday daycare told me he had an emotional day and was mopey. This morning I called to check in about a half hour after drop off, and they said he calmed down and ate 2 breakfasts haha. I am sure its just about getting back into the swing of things,but I am wondering if this is more normal natural 2 year old behavior. I have read that around 2 children start to get night terrors, afraid of the dark, separation anxiety peaks, etc. I guess I was spoiled because bedtime was always easy for us and hes been great with daycare for a long time. Anyone else going through something similar with a change in behavior?

Re: Daycare drop off nightmare

• Options
    Yes all normal. Every time I had a long weekend or a vacation my DD1 would have terrible behavior when we went back on our normal schedule when she was that age. Now she's almost 4, so it's easier to transition.
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• Options
    Yes, completely normal. My 2 year old's sleep patterns changed completely. I think it's because they start having more vivid dreams, also they're more aware when they wake up during the night that they're in their room alone. DD is 3 now and daycare is easier MOST days, but we still have hard days at drop off, especially if it's after a long break. Hang in there! It will get better!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"