1st Trimester
Options

Finally pregnant and terrified

my husband and I ttc for 9 years, we finally gave up and I am now 6 weeks pregnant. Thing is I'm terrified and have real bad anxiety. I seem to have all the common pregnancy symptoms and then some. I am trying not to look too much into each new symptom but I don't know what's normal or not. Anyone else feel this overwhelmed with their first?

Re: Finally pregnant and terrified

• Options
    Wow congratulations! What a wonderful surprise after so many years.

It's totally normal to analyse every little symptom and wonder what is normal or not. The problem, of course, is that everyone's experience is unique so there is no one normal.

Perhaps look at getting a good book on pregnancy that you can refer to for common symptoms, and what to expect over the coming months.

Best wishes and welcome!
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options
    Such wonderful news! Congratulations! Anxiety is very normal. I agree with getting a book! Or a pregnancy app. It can be very reassuring.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi! I know how you are feeling, but it is perfectly normal for symptoms to come and go :)
  • Options
    congratulations! Best wishes to you and your new LO for a H&H 9 months!! :)
    Married: 6.28.14
    TTC #1: 2.1.15
    BFP: 2.23.15 EDD: 11.6.15  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you everyone so much, I have learned not to google anything and that these message boards and forums are my new best friend.

The anxiety hasn't slowed down much because of how sick I have been. When is it normal for a doctor to do your first u/s or fetal heartbeat?
  • Options
    They say 6-8 weeks (vaginal ultrasound) if you are positive about your last period. We saw the heartbeat at 7 weeks with a vaginal. Congrats on getting pregnant after all those years, that is a true miracle. Good luck to you and your little gummy bear :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"