March 2015 Moms
Options

Mucous pl... Just kidding, complaining about work

Anyone else dreading going back to work tomorrow? I was pretty uncomfortable most of the day and was actually smiling by the end of the day hopeful that all the discomfort meant today may be the day! Got home and convinced my toddler to snuggle up on the couch with me, and after resting a bit ALL of my discomfort went away... I know people are trying to be nice but alllllll the comments from coworkers are a bit draining! I can just hear them now when I walk in tomorrow morning... What are some of your favorite things people are saying to you these days?

Re: Mucous pl... Just kidding, complaining about work

• Options
    I have a coworker who really asks me every time he sees me(which is about 10 times a day)...."are you stilllllll here?!?!?" It's funny the first time but after the 5th or 6th time I am beyond over it. Also he has been doing this for weeks.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    lib1974lib1974 member
    edited February 2015
    Lol! That was funny. Yes my work people are driving me insane with all the you are going to go any day now comments. They have a betting pool now on the day they think I will go.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    "You're 35 weeks?! You're not even that big!" That big. Thank you for almost calling me fat.
  • Options
    Yeah my coworkers also keep saying "you're still here" or "you're still pregnant".... Like you can clearly tell I don't want to be here, the comments are just making me that much more agitated. Guess that's the hormones. Haha
  • Options
    I work for a small company (less than 10ppl) and its just me and my main boss in an office all day. Technically I could've worked last week and went on maternity leave but I decided I would finish up the month. She actually asked me yesterday if I knew the exact date I would be back after baby so her and her husband (the owners) could go on a two week trip to Europe literally like the day I got back if I deliver with no complications and on my exact due date. This wouldn't frustrate me so bad if when I suggested hiring someone months ago to cover my leave my boss laughed in my face and my female boss was just in India all of January. I mean I understand owning your own business has its perks but seriously I've told you for months that I'm having a baby and now on a wim you want to take a two week trip to Europe and make me feel guilty for being out caring for a newborn?! Ugh just frustrating and I am more than ready for this Friday to come so I am on official leave!
  • Options
    I'm constantly asked how I'm feeling. Huge? Pregnant? And then some people at work keep asking me if I'm ready or saying that maybe she'll come early. I don't want her to come early...I would rather her bake longer and not stress about preterm labor since I have over 4 weeks left...
  • Options
    Thank God I stopped working last week. I'm 36 weeks preggo and everyday I went to work I'd get the same comments over again. " you're getting so big" " you look like your going to pop" "she's ready" "sit down, you look tired" "when is your lAst day?" It would be the same comments everytime! Then they would clean it up and say, but your all belly. Who cares! Leave me alone!! I know they don't mean any harm I guess they feel like it's a conversational peice. TG I'm done! Now I have to worry about the random comments we get out in public! I just smile and chuckle!
  • Options
    I had a lady at church on Sunday say "I feel like you've been pregnant for 12 months".... Geez thanks... These last 3 weeks haven't dragged on at all for me. And I'm only 38 weeks today.
  • Options
    After five weeks of preterm labor and ongoing discomfort, everyone I know is just waiting for this baby to get here. I've been off from work since 32 weeks, but even the random comments from people I know are getting grating: "You're still here!" "No baby yet?" "Well, you make sure you enjoy these last few weeks of rest before your life completely changes!" Like I'm really getting a full nights sleep and skipping around happily without a care now... Right... Don't get me wrong, I'm glad she didn't come at 32 weeks and I know those first weeks are tough on a new mom and I do regret not cherishing the times I could sleep, but I'm totally ready to be done now.
  • Options
    I am pretty lucky- I work for a small company and if all goes well I will be here until I pop. I am one of a few people in the office so it is important that I am here doing what I do as long as I am physically able to. I have had a pretty normal pregnancy so I havent had any abnormal discomfort yet, hoping things stay that way!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I just wanted to say that the title of this post is hilarious. I probably laughed harder than I should've.
  • Options
    I struggle with wanting to take a break from work and feeling like being pregnant isn't a reason to call out sick. I'm 39 weeks tomorrow and so tired lately. I want to feel physically read when labor starts, but who knows when that will be. That's the other thing. I'm tired of people asking how much longer or when I'm going to go on leave. I have no clue. Whenever baby decided to come...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"