Baby Names
Options

Contemplating starting over :-(

We don't know what were having yet but we were set on both a boy & girl name. However, after seeing that our boy name is on the "up and coming names of 2015" list I'm dreadfully contemplating starting over. I'm so bummed because we really loved the name Asher Alexander. It fits in well with our other kids Paige, Chase, Gavin & Eli.
I know could go ahead and use it anyway but I don't want him to be one of three in his class. Anyone have suggestions on a new name? I know that most of you don't care for Asher anyway, what would be your suggestion?
For the record, we don't like Archer at all.

Re: Contemplating starting over :-(

• Options
    Honestly if you love it and agreed on it I would still use it. It does go well with the siblings.

• Options
    I don't like Asher, Archer, or Ashton. Those three get suggested together a lot. I hear Arthur suggested as an alternative. I like Arthur, it's a good name. 
    Diane
    First Timer!
    EDD: 6-13-15
    Me: 34 Hubs: 37

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage
                                                                    Jean-Luc                                   Unna       

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think if you really love and are that bummed to change it, you should still go ahead and use it. And it does go well with your other kids names. I'll give some suggestions anyway though that I think will fit with your sibset.

Graham
    Noah
    Jack
    Seth
    Joshua
    Everett
    Reid
    Miles
    Colin
    Bennett
    Avery
    Emerson
    Cameron
    Micah
    Joel
    Adrian
    Grant
    Nolan
    Lane
    Colby
    August
    Kieran
    Tate
    Cullen
    Quaid
    Gage (I know twins named Gage & Gavin)
    Blake
    Marcus
    Embry
    Rhys
    Noel

I really like Lane, Avery and Micah with your sibset

Paige Chase Gavin Eli Micah
    Paige Chase Gavin Eli Avery
    Paige Chase Gavin Eli Lane
  • Options
    I don't like Asher. What about Alexander? Xander? Atlas? Aaron?
  • Options
    LNic5 said:

I think if you really love and are that bummed to change it, you should still go ahead and use it. And it does go well with your other kids names. I'll give some suggestions anyway though that I think will fit with your sibset.

Graham
    Noah
    Jack
    Seth
    Joshua
    Everett
    Reid
    Miles
    Colin
    Bennett
    Avery
    Emerson
    Cameron
    Micah
    Joel
    Adrian
    Grant
    Nolan
    Lane
    Colby
    August
    Kieran
    Tate
    Cullen
    Quaid
    Gage (I know twins named Gage & Gavin)
    Blake
    Marcus
    Embry
    Rhys
    Noel

I really like Lane, Avery and Micah with your sibset

Paige Chase Gavin Eli Micah
    Paige Chase Gavin Eli Avery
    Paige Chase Gavin Eli Lane

You listed of a lot that were on our list :smile:
    I know a twin set Gage and Gavin as well!
  • Options
    4N6s said:

I don't like Asher. What about Alexander? Xander? Atlas? Aaron?

Xander was on our list for a long time. It was one of the reasons I wanted it as the middle name so that I could still call him that sometimes. I was afraid to use Alexander as a first name because I don't want people calling him Alex. Nothing against the name but I like Xander much better.
  • Options
    Alexander.
  • Options
    I'm finding that it can be hard to get DH and I to agree so if you both really like it and may regret not using it then go for it. While it's becoming trendy I don't think it would be 3 in a class type of trendy like Jackson/other weird spellings of that name.

**Signature Warning**

TTC since July 2013
    DX: Unexplained or possibly DOR and DH 2% morph
    3 IUIs May-July: all BFN
    IVF Sept 2014: 12R 10M 8F, 5 day eSET 9/15, 4 frosties
    Beta #1 353, Beta #2 651, EDD June 3

TRUST in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"