May 2015 Moms
Options

How many diapers does it take

Mommas how many diapers do you go thru a day/week/month??? How soon does baby grow out or change sizes? Any suggestions on brands or cheap ways to keep up with the diaper demand please let me know!
Thx

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: How many diapers does it take

• Options
    Newborns go through about 10-15 diapers a day. They go a lot! How fast you go through sizes just depends on your baby's shape and growth pattern. It's really hard to predict based off of other people's experiences.

The cheapest solution is cloth diapering for sure. For disposables, I have found the Up & Up brand (Target) to be cheapest.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    Check out AmaZon mom, subscribe and save prime shipping. I use it for diapers and wipes

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Newborns between 6-12 nappies a day, and older babies gradually use less. Going up in sizes is a really individual thing, if you're trying to buy them before the baby comes, I'd suggest only getting one or 2 boxes of newborn ones and the rest in the next size up. As some babies are only in newborn size for a couple of weeks. I found huggies to be the best for my kids, and this was after testing a bunch of other brands here in Australia.
  • Options
    Agree with pp about newborns needing about 10-12 diapers/day. As they get older, you need way less. I know my daughter was only using like 5 after she turned 1. 

My daughter was born at 7 pounds and wore newborn size until she was about 2 months, I think. Typically newborn- size 3 are the cheapest diapers. Once you go up in size, they put less in the box for the same price. So it's a battle between not going up too soon and wasting money and also not going up too slow and risking blowouts/baby being uncomfortable. 

We used Pampers for the first year and then we started to try different brands that were cheaper. Up & Up gave her a rash (and I know a few other kids this happened with, but I know a lot of kids that love them too). Huggies never contained her urine, they are made for different shaped babies, I guess? Some kids I know can only wear Huggies. Luvs is made by the same maker as Pampers and they're a lot cheaper, I see no difference so we use Luvs and plan to use them for the new baby. 

I really wanted to give cloth diapering a shot, but I worry that I'm going to be overwhelmed with 2 kids and dh always working (just got a new job and hours are crazy, we won't see him mon-fri at all). So I'll probably skip it, unfortunately. 

Good luck!
  • Options
    We used Huggies or Pampers for newborn (maybe the first 2 months) mainly because they fit better and have a cutout for the umbilical cord. After my girls started moving around I fell in love with Luvs. We stayed in Luvs until age 2 at nighttime. They were leaking when she got bigger. I bought 2 boxes of Huggies newborn and 3 boxes of size 1. The Huggies cucumber wipes are amazing and smell really good too.
  • Options
    Newborns go through about a dozen diapers a day. This goes down to 8-10/day after a couple months and hangs out there for many months. By a year it's down to just 6-8/day. I diligently tracked diaper changes and feedings the whole first year of DD's life.

Like PPs have said, it depends on the kid for sizing. Mine was 6 lb 11 oz at birth and wore newborn for about a month. I can't remember how long she was in sizes 1 and 2 but she has been in size 3 for maybe a year? A long time. She has always been around the 20th percentile for weight and 60th for height so she's long and lean. She's almost two and we're going to start potty training soon so she likely won't wear any diaper bigger than a 3.

We cloth diaper during the day and do a disposible at night - Target's Up & Up brand.
    Me: 38, DH: 35
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"