April 2014 Moms

Poll of the day: one night away

Jazma11Jazma11 member
edited February 2015 in April 2014 Moms
If you got to have a guilt free night away tonight and were given one of these choices, what would you do?

Poll of the day: one night away 42 votes

Party hard with the girls
9% 4 votes
Nice hotel with your hubby
50% 21 votes
Dancing with hubby
4% 2 votes
Quiet night alone: bathtub/book/wine
30% 13 votes
Movies with friends
4% 2 votes

Re: Poll of the day: one night away

• And you don't have to work tomorrow either!
  • This was a toss up between party with the girls and quiet night. I haven't gone "out" since before I got pregnant so being stupid with friends sounds nice. No hangover though. I can't handle that shit anymore.
  • Loading the player...
  • What I really want is a few hours dancing with DH and then the rest of the night home alone with him so we can drink sake and play video games.

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• Nice hotel with DH, but a very close second is a night alone...bubble bath, book and wine sound amazing!
  • It was between night alone and movie with friends, but alone time was the winner today. This may be because I was up all last night with a sick baby and I'm tired
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Nice hotel was my vote--and we're actually doing this soon! Two of our nieces who are in their twenties (and one of which is a full-time nanny) are going to come watch LO. I'm excited and terrified all at the same time, even though I know they'll do great. Being 3.5 hours away may be pushing my comfort zone...
  • Nice hotel with DH, then I'd pick a night alone. I went on a bachelorette party a few weeks ago with my girls, and while it was a blast seeing them, I'm too old for the bar scene now!
  • We will be doing the hotel thing in NYC in May for our 10th anniversary. I'm a bit worried about it
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • J sleeps through the night so none of these would really be getting away, I guess.
  • Nice hotel with hubby! Hell, even a Best Western would do. We don't get many date nights. Nice bottle of wine, takeout, sexy time, pjs, TV. Sleeping in and getting room service for breakfast.
  • Tough one....... I have to go quiet night alone....... We are lucky between my mom and MIL we are never in search of a babysitter so we are able to hang out with friends and have our date nights......but I can't remember the last time I had a night to myself
  • That's tough! I went with movie with friends since I rarely get out now. But I didn't think of the sleeping in factor with a hotel room with hubby!!!! I haven't slept in in three years! That sounds heavenly - can I change my vote?

Oh, and I love my husband too ;) it's not only about sleeping in... Just mostly.
  • A good trashy magazine or beach read book and ALL the wine sounds perfect!
  • I think I would rather be home than in a hotel room

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• I'm torn. I could use some alone time with DH but I feel it's harder to get together with friends.
  • justxlaughjustxlaugh member
    edited February 2015
    I picked party hard with the girls cause I really want to feel like I'm in college again but night alone is a VERY close second!
    I see way too much of DH anyways....
    "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Dr. Seuss
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"