May 2015 Moms

Anterior Placenta, anybody? Concerned.

So I've been told that my placenta is anterior, towards the upper side of my uterus. And with this, I have heard that an anterior placenta can cushion a lot of movement, but I still worry. I'm 28 weeks tomorrow and I know this is right around when most recommend starting kick counts. The thing that bugs me though, ever since I started feeling DD move around 19 weeks, I haven't really felt any huge movements! I never have those "wow, what a kick!" moments, and really, I just don't feel like she's very active. I do feel her move every day, but the movements are so small and subtle I really have to be paying close attention most of the time. I have a fetal doppler that I use to check her heartrate whenever I get worried, and so far so good.

I guess I'm just curious if any other moms to be have or have had anterior placentas, and have had you experienced this and what was the outcome for your LO?

I am high risk, and see the doctor very frequently. I was actually hospitalized last week for severe muscular pain I was having in my back (they ruled out pre-term labor, kidney stones & infection and all that...) and I feel like my baby has been seen on ultrasound a lot, and if the doctors saw something concerning, they would have noted by now. Each time I inquire about why she moves so little, they chalk it up to her "personality" and just say that all babies are different and that she appears to be fine. To me this is just not reassuring though.

Anybody else been in the same boat? :(

Re: Anterior Placenta, anybody? Concerned.

• I have an anterior placenta too, I'm 30 weeks 3 days and just these past few days have the movements been getting stronger like I always imagined they would be. From the very start the ultrasound techs and nurses have commented on what an active baby I have and it's always made me a little sad that I couldn't feel very much. For about the past week if I watch my belly I can see LO rolling around in there so that makes me feel a lot better!
    Hopefully in the next week or two as baby gets bigger you will start to get that too!
  • I too have the same issue. I am currently 27 weeks and dr said it will change and get stronger by around week 30
  • Loading the player...
  • I had an anterior placenta with DS. There was times i didn't feel him as much or as strongly. But like OP said as baby gets bigger you will felt it more.
    BabyFruit Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I also have one, I go for scans every 4 weeks for something else, however everything is fine. Try not to worry as like you say as long as baby is moving daily and scans show all is well. This is my 3rd and the first 2 where extremely lazy I barely felt anything however this one is rather active....All pregnancies are different so enjoy what you have left as we haven't far to go :)
  • I am in the same boat. I'm 27 weeks and although I do feel strong kicks sometimes I do not feel him a lot at other times. I get worried too but every time I go to my ob they say he is doing great. So I try not to worry too much and neither should you
  • same here! i am 27.5 weeks and i am really not feeling as much movement as i would like, and i barely ever get to actually see my stomach move when the baby moves. hoping things pick up soon. it sucks going for hours without feeling anything.

TTC #2 since 8/2012

IUI #1 April 2014: BFN

IUI #2 July 2014: BFN

IUI #3 August 2014: BFN

BFP: September 15, due May 22nd 2015

• Me too! Thank goodness for Doppler! I don't feel much through the day. Some rolling at night. It seems to change weekly or daily. It's hard not to worry, but at least we are not alone.
  • Guys don't worry mine is anterior too I'm 29 week and few days trust me my little baby is doing back flips and all sorts lol and feel it more r less every few hour x
  • I'm with you! 27 weeks with an anterior placenta. It's my first and I am concerned all the time. I do feel movements but they are never really strong. Some days I go long periods without feeling him. It can be super concerning sometimes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"