May 2015 Moms
Options

Underwear issues... Anyone else? Need solutions!

Is anyone else having underwear issues? My bikini panties are starting to roll down & then the elastic gets bunched & it's constricting & painful -especially at night. I bought some cheap hanes but the elastic is hard & uncomfortable. During my last pregnancy I bought "maternity underwear" but just got stretched out through the day. Help! What is working for you?

Re: Underwear issues... Anyone else? Need solutions!

• Options
    I have the bikini cut from Motherhood Maternity and they are great. Sit just right and fit perfect.
  • Options
    Tmi, but I've gotten so swollen down there that most underwear are uncomfortable. I'm going to buy some granny panties after work tonight and hope those will help!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mother hood has some fold over panties, they never roll down. I love them!
  • Options
    I'm rocking the granny panties and a size up. It's the only kind that is working for me. I tried going a size up on my bikini style, but they still rolled and were uncomfortable. 
  • Options
    I recently discovered target maternity undies and they're fantastic! They sit under the belly and don't cut in or anything. So comfy.
  • Options
    I just have some Hanes granny panties in a size up as well and they are working great so far.
  • Options
    Motherhood maternity.. Fold over are the bomb !!! I've tried all else too.. Best $15 bucks I've spent!! And target maternity tights black were WAY better then motherhood maternity... Less constricting but stay up great!!!
  • Options
    Cheapo granny panties in the next size up and two sizes up for when I want to get really comfy lol. Definitely not cute, but I don't even care at this point
  • Options
    Granny panties and I'm not ashamed lol they are the only thing comfortable! I bought a size bigger than what I normally would and they are Hanes but they don't have the elastic in the waist they're just soft around the edges
  • Options
    I don't understand how grannie panties work? Don't they just bunch up under your belly? They are so long they go up to your belly button but just slide down?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I got a pair of free maternity underwear from joining the 'huggies' page and they are actually really comfortable.. Apparently a lot of people never got theirs or it came months later but I got mine a couple of weeks later.. You can always try them out if you're looking for something new no harm considering it's free
  • Options
    My regular underwear is starting to fall down on me, too. Need something that can stay up!  Love all these ideas on the maternity panties / granny panties a size up.  Going to go on a hunt today after work :-) 
    Baby girl born on May 15, 2015!  (DS born 2011)
  • Options
    The seamless bikini panties from VS. No hard elastic and I bought them in a larger size than I used to wear and they've been fabulous. 5 for $25.
  • Options
    Granny panties with a nonbinding waistband over the belly. They don't slide down.
  • Options
    I have been noticing that my underwear is driving me crazy.. I like a thong but the lace is bugging me. I need to order some of these I think!
  • Options
    Hanky panky brand thongs! I normally wore them pre-pregnancy and have hade no problems as the wide and super stretchy elastic or lace waistband had been able to accommodate my changing body... I have always hated all other styles besides thongs so I can't speak to the other cuts
  • Options
    I just bought a size up from my normal size of hiphuggers from Victoria secret. I'm 27 weeks and have gained 30lbs and they're still comfortable.
  • Options
    I've always been a hipster bikini wearer so my vs cotton hipsters with lace on the top have been perfect--- although I'll need to replace them after bc they're getting stretched. I've heard the under the bump panties are great from friends. I think that's the brand "under the bump". I've noticed personally I don't like the maternity pants that come all the way up, I feel squeezed and uncomfortable so I don't think I'd like the high waisted maternity undies.
  • Options
    Lace waistbands are excellent, very breathable and stretchy.
  • Options
    I'm still wearing the same underwear, haven't had to buy new yet. I've been wearing my normal Victoria's secret thongs. But I've realized that sleeping without underwear is much more comfortable!
  • Options
    I saw the Motherhood fold-over undies recommended here a while back and bought a pack to try. Love them!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Not a lurker, just haven't commented since the fiasco in January. BUT I found these to be comfy for my growing belly. The band is all cotton and moves with you.
  • Options
    I wear boy shorts from victoria secret pre pregnancy size.I never liked the elastic in bikini cut anyway its too tight
  • Options
    Reading these comments victoria secret need a maternity undergarment line.they are missing out on a cash cow!!
  • Options
    I'm still wearing my all lace thongs from VS. They are super comfortably and doesn't hurt my belly like the others VS bikini underwear(guess I outgrewed those and they don't stretch like the lacy thongs).
  • Options
    I bought some boy shorts that have stretchy fabric instead of elastic waist band. They don't dig in or anything so it's much more cleaning more comfortable and they stretch with my stomach and everything else.
  • Options
    I was in a rush the other morning getting ready, halfway though the day I thought the underwear I was wearing was more comfy than normal and hadn't come down, I'd only gone and put them on backwards
  • Options
    Agree with earlier posters that the Motherhood fold-over style are great. So comfortable. You can get a 3-pack on the motherhood.com website for about $15.
  • Options
    LSCannady said:

I wear boy shorts from victoria secret pre pregnancy size.I never liked the elastic in bikini cut anyway its too tight

I second this. The boy shorts are very low cut so go under the belly but they still look like cute sexy undies. The cotton ones from the Pink line are super comfy.
  • Options
    @Rosie3rd did you find the rather maternity underwear in the maternity section or the underwear section? I was in there yesterday searching for something that will be comfy and couldn't find any maternity ones. I ended up buying three different kinds and will decide this week which are the best. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"