February 2015 Moms
Options

SO super Pregnant

So my whole pregnancy my dr has been telling me how big my baby is going to be. I figured that meant I'd have him early. I have been 100% effaced and fingertip dilated now for 2 weeks and baby still hasn't dropped. My due date was yesterday 2/22 and I'm starting to become in a lot of pain between Braxton hicks and him kicking and (what I think are) the real contractions. I will be induced Sunday at 41 weeks is he doesn't come out on his own, but I'm wondering if inducing will make him drop at all??? Or if anyone's baby hadn't dropped until right before labor or what. This is my first and I thought you drop early with the first so now I'm nervous and definitely not wanting to do c- section. Any advise would be amazing❤️

Re: SO super Pregnant

• Options
    A lot of babies don't drop until active labor begins, so I wouldn't worry. The baby has to go down to get out :)
    Me: 27
    DH: 28
    Together: 2005
    Married: 2008
    Naming our son after a cartoon character: 2/23/15!
  • Options
    Thanks for the reassurement @yoursincelery‌
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I honestly can't remember my first dropping at all. She was high when I was induced. Like pp said... They have to go down to get out... They know what to do. It's us that are clueless ;)
  • Options
    I was induced with my first and she dropped during labor. I am being induced this morning with my second and this one dropped a few weeks ago. Just depends on the baby.
  • Options
    I'm just wondering is all this cramping and constant Braxton hicks normal?
  • Options
    Mine didn't drop with my first. Just water broke to baby in about 3 hours. It's still fun to look for whatever signs that we might actually get to meet this kid, though, so even though I know better, I still want SOME sign and I look for dropping every day!!
    Missed Miscarriage 9 weeks/Missed Miscarriage 12 weeks/Natural Miscarriage 5.5 weeks
    BFP 11/6/09. Rory Anne Born 6/28/10!

• Options
    Youngest lo didn't drop until labor after augmentation. She was bigger, too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"