May 2015 Moms
Options

Stent procedure for Kidney Stones

Anyone else that have had to have a stent procedure due to unpassable kidney stones?

Beginning of this month I had terrible left side pains.  I went to my OB and she said I most likely have a stomach bug.  I felt fine that evening and the the next day up until around 10pm.  Then the pains came back.  I dealt with it all night long and went to my OB the following morning.  They took a urine sample, said I was fine it is just the remnants of the stomach bug and sent me home.

That afternoon the pain was so bad I went to the ER.  Ultrasound showed no urine passing from my left kidney to my bladder.  That evening I had a stent inserted, and they found my kidney and ureter to be slightly enlarged.  The Dr. said that this should take care of the problem, but to expect some minor discomfort and periodic blood in my urine.  I was given percocet to take when the pain is severe, otherwise to take tylenol if necessary.

I had a week where I felt pretty good, however the past week it seems like I've had blood in my urine more often than not and my groin area is extremely painful, especially after I use the bathroom. I was told to stay active but it hurts to walk and move around.

Anyone else having similar issues?  Is there anything you recommend to help alleviate the pain?  I am currently 29 weeks pregnant, and will have another stent procedure (to have it replaced) on March 26th. 

Re: Stent procedure for Kidney Stones

• Options
    Update:

I went to my OB today.  He gave me a prescription of Pyridium which is supposed to numb the bladder and help alleviate some of the discomfort I am feeling.  He also recommends I don't do the stent replacement (I'll be 34 weeks when this is done) and to wait until I am 38 weeks and be induced.  However we will discuss it more in 2 weeks and make a decision then.

Here's hoping the medicine helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"