Pregnant after a Loss

Will I ever maintain a pregnancy??

I'm currently experiencing my 3rd MC in the last 14 months. Each of them occurred between 6-7 weeks and I've never seen a heartbeat. This past pregnancy I was on progesterone supplements because I tested very low during a regular cycle. I was really hoping the supplement would help this pregnancy remain healthy and viable... So disappointed.

I'm reaching out for encouragement from other mothers who experienced multiple losses before carrying to full term. I feel hopeless and broken. Also, for those who have been successful with fertility treatments, what worked for you?

Re: Will I ever maintain a pregnancy??

• Although I cannot help with any fertility advice, I just wanted to say how sorry I am. I had two MCs last year... it's devastating. I hope you get some answers.
  • I had 4 losses and am currently pregnant for the 5th time. I had 3 miscarriages and 1 ectopic without any reason for the repeat losses (despite various testing). I am extremely hopeful for this one, though. This time, we have heard a strong heartbeat at 6, 8, 10, and 12 weeks (never heard one before). I didn't how many times I could go through this but am so glad that we decided to try again. The only thing that was different with this one is that I started progesterone suppositories immediately after ovulation.

I totally and completely understand the hopelessness but wanted to share my story since there may just be a happy ending yet.
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel for you. I had two missed misscarriages last year - just can't seem to hold on to a pregnancy past6 weeks.
    I am pregnant at 5 weeks again but got disappointing HCG results again. Am preparing myself too for bad news.

My heart goes out for you at this time because I know exactly how it feels. I really pray we find meaning in all of this and can also get our happy ending soon. Please take care of yourself, no matter how difficult this phase is. Lots of love to you.
    Zimni
  • I am so sorry to hear about your loss. No one should have to go through this kind of pain, unfortunately it is common. I have had 4 miscarriages and I am on my 5th pregnancy. I have miscarried at 5w, 4w, 12w, and 10w. With this one my ob had me start on prenatals when I was trying to conceive and then progesterone suppositories at 7w-12w. I am now 18w and my ob believes that I am going to carry full term. After my last miscarriage my ob wanted me to go and do genetic testing too see what was going on. Maybe talk to yours about any testing that could be done. Just know that you are not alone. I was wanting to give up on trying and I was going to get my tubes tied. I am thankful I didn't. It really helps to talk to someone about what you are feeling and don't be afraid to talk to your ob about options.
  • I'm so sorry for your losses.
    Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"