February 2015 Moms
Options

When to ditch the Perry Bottle?

I had DD on Monday and Ive had a really smooth recovery so far! I'm hardly bleeding and haven't been sore since Wed night (knock on wood)! Because I had a small tear that required some stitches I fear I'll have to use the bottle till my 6 week check up. I'll obviously be calling Monday but curious on anyone else's experience!

Re: When to ditch the Perry Bottle?

• Options
    I had horrible lacerations. I gave birth on Friday 2/6. Used it until my discharge date of 2/9. I've been fine. Healing nicely, almost completely healed. If you feel you might not need it, then I say don't worry. :)
  • Options
    I had my LO on 2/11 with a second degree episiotomy. I still use mine. I say use it until you're comfortable without it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With DD I used mine until the stitches were gone.
  • Options
    I tore twice and had stitches on one side (why only one side is beyond me) I used the peri bottle for 2 & 1/2 weeks until I felt comfortable wiping. My stitches were dissolvable so around that time they went away. I used wet wipes for a few days after that.
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!!! I think I'll wait till my stitches dissolve...which means that I'd have to look!
  • Options
    I delivered on 2/3, and ended up with a 2nd degree tear and a small lac which was too tiny to repair. I had dissolvable sutures as well. I only used my peri bottle for about a week.
  • Options
    Use it until you are comfortable without it. I don't think you need to call your dr.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    With DD I used mine for about 5 weeks.  Basically until it felt better to pee.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I used mine for about a week and a half until, I was comfortable not using it. Once it stopped burning when I peed I stopped using it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"