High-Risk Pregnancy

gestational diabetes and baby shower.

So my baby shower is in a couple weeks and I plan on taking the day off from counting carbs. Anyone else done this? My doc said it was ok the first time but my numbers are alot higher and think I will have to be put on meds. Anyone just have a day they went crazy and ate what they wanted? Or should I just not do it?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: gestational diabetes and baby shower.

• I didn't eat whatever I wanted at my shower. But check with your doctor. My doctor said a high number here and there isn't a bad thing.
    My shower had a lot of GD foods, like a veggie tray, deviled eggs, etc. I had some cake for my mid afternoon snack. My numbers weren't bad that day that I remember.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't go crazy on the carbs but I did have some cake.  Everything else I tried to make sure was within carb range.
  • Loading the player...
  • It seems all that is on my list of foods I want are sweets, sweets and more sweets.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm type 1 diabetic. My poor baby has seen the highs and lows of my blood sugar, and is still going strong. I have days where my sugar is high and I do by best to bring it down as soon as I can, and stay in the normal blood sugar range, but there are days when it lingers high for a bit despite my efforts. I don't think one day of above-average blood sugar caused from gestational diabetes is going to be detrimental to you or your baby's health. I think overall blood sugar levels and your average A1C is what is important.
  • Thank you. I'm looking forward to a cupcake or two or three. Lol. I have been doing pretty good keeping my numbers down now but am hungry all the time. Do you think it is harder controling you sugar levels while pregnant ? I think it seems there is more you can get away with eating when you are not pregnant.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"